Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
    Very fast parking tickets
    Have not gotten a parking/speeding ticket in the past 3 years, im pretty sure they cant give you a ticket for a front plate unless they give you a ticket for something else first.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

License Plates
      Is a front license plate required?

Yes, for those vehicles issued a front plate. The license plate must be affixed to the front of the vehicle and kept clean so as to be plainly seen and read at all times. (RCW 46.16.240)

Are neon license plate lamps permitted?

No, the rear license plate must be illuminated by a white light. (RCW 46.37.050waffles&wafflesWAC 204-90-140)

Are license plate covers permitted?

No, it is unlawful to use any holders, frames, or any materials that in any manner change, alter, or make the vehicle license number plates illegible. Tinted and non-tinted covers can alter the appearance of or the reflectivity of the plate and make it unreadable or reduce the reflectivity. (RCW 46.16.240

Didn't know I couldn't have a plate cover.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
        Fuck I went and turned this into another front plate debate... My bad guys. Just run your front plate you fucking hipsters. Car looks fine if you actually have the frame and use screws instead of zip ties .02c
        lol'd

88' m3
        91' 318is

Comment

You henna stalker!!

rainierhooker/e30/30NOV2009-6sm.jpg
          Lol Damn Right.

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
          1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            im pretty sure they cant give you a ticket for a front plate unless they give you a ticket for something else first.
            police can most definitely pull you over for lack of a front plate in Washington. It's often a great way for them to ask you other questions. The same goes for broken tail lights, lack of rear plate lighting, etc. If you don't want to give the police an excuse to pull you over, run a front plate (attached at the front of your car.. not in the windshield. Having a front plate in your windshield is not legal (must be at the front most part of your car), it's dangerous, and it simply draws attention to the fact that your plate isn't in the correct location).

Fuck I went and turned this into another front plate debate... My bad guys. Just run your front plate you fucking hipsters. Car looks fine if you actually have the frame and use screws instead of zip ties .02c
            people who feel like running a front a plate (ie. to keep their car legal), but don't want to add permanent holes to their car, tend to use zip-ties or some other form of temporary way to attach the plate. Why not have a way to remove the plate for show, pics, etc. without leaving permanent holes on the car? makes sense to me..
            -Joel-
            PNWfahren Regional Car Enthusiast Community - my photos
            1995 M3 || 2009 VW SportWagen TDI || 2004 530i sport

Comment

Originally posted by rootrider View Post
              Having a front plate in your windshield is not legal (must be at the front most part of your car), it's dangerous, and it simply draws attention to the fact that your plate isn't in the correct location).
              "Dangerous"? The only reason its required is for lasing speeds and for red light cameras. Police have even said they dont need it anymore for Lasing because the laser speed detectors have advanced far enough along.

As it was said before most dont run because for car shows or the like its not appealing to have a Front plate or the holes for it. My car has a filler plate that was an OEM BMW piece, Id probably run the plate if I had the bracket, but its been difficult to find. Plus its a waste of money.

Edit: Found the part #:51181908062

$23...
              Last edited by Wschnitz; 11-14-2013, 05:46 PM.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

"Dangerous"? The only reason its required is for lasing speeds and for red light cameras. Police have even said they dont need it anymore for Lasing because the laser speed detectors have advanced far enough along.

As it was said before most dont run because for car shows or the like its not appealing to have a Front plate or the holes for it. My car has a filler plate that was an OEM BMW piece, Id probably run the plate if I had the bracket, but its been difficult to find. Plus its a waste of money.

$23...
                100$ ticket or 23$ bracket... Hmm

Comment

I've got my US plate velcrowed to my front bumper. and I have it on the back of my euro plate as well so I can easily swap them back and forth. It seems to work pretty good and since its black its not as noticeable. I didn't want to drill any kind of holes. and I agree, Zip ties look tacky.

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
                  1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

That is all.
                    -Peter
                    '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                    '91 318is slicktop project
                    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                    '00 Tundra

Comment

$23...
                      it's dangerous, because in an accident, it can become a flying metal doom plate. I have seen it in person. if you're going to be a cool kid, and display it (Illegally) on your dash, you better attach it down somehow.....
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Its also illegal to cut up you license plate in any way. I wonder if they can ticket you for having it off center on the bumper. Say on a towhook location?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

No problems yet. I'd rather have it this way than not running it or having an ugly full size plate in my skinny euro plate spot
                          -Peter
                          '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                          '91 318is slicktop project
                          '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                          '00 Tundra

Comment

Has anyone see those motorized hide a plate things? Get pulled hit the button cop thinks he's drunk and goes home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had no idea you were selling your car Austin
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I think he's just seeing if he can actually let her go, bet I hand him 12k and he gives it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X