No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i fixed ALL of the rust in my trunk, every little spot has been wire brushed and sanded, which left me with some holes.
    All of the holes were patched with either jbweld or steel stick, or a combination with screen door mesh.
    Everything has been sealed and painted. took me about 12 hours of work this saturday and sunday, but was totally worth it :)

just ordered up new taillight seals, new trunk seal, new license plate lights, new license plate screw backing things and a few other things. trunk is going to be like brand new when i put it all back together.
    My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

also got some of that plastic wire molding stuff to put around all the trunk wiring.

amazing what 25 years will do to that cloth tape wrap that BMW put around all the wires back there, going to freshen them up by covering them all.
      My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
        Welcome Mr. Salem.

I like the car. I had one similar. If you ever wanted to know what it would look like with E30 M3 springs and E90 drophats...

That's a nice car. Did you just sell that a couple years ago? I wanted to buy one that looked a lot like this, but it sold before I could get my stuff together.

Comment

Yeah, it was about 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Habla View Post
            Life is too short for bodywork

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by moreoff View Post
              Well i fixed ALL of the rust in my trunk, every little spot has been wire brushed and sanded, which left me with some holes.
              All of the holes were patched with either jbweld or steel stick, or a combination with screen door mesh.
              Everything has been sealed and painted. took me about 12 hours of work this saturday and sunday, but was totally worth it :)

just ordered up new taillight seals, new trunk seal, new license plate lights, new license plate screw backing things and a few other things. trunk is going to be like brand new when i put it all back together.
              Originally posted by moreoff View Post
              also got some of that plastic wire molding stuff to put around all the trunk wiring.

amazing what 25 years will do to that cloth tape wrap that BMW put around all the wires back there, going to freshen them up by covering them all.
              I'm not looking forward to the day I do all that for the E21. But, I'm very much looking forward to the end result of that work.

Comment

I'm not looking forward to the day I do all that for the E21. But, I'm very much looking forward to the end result of that work.
                It all started because I got new taillights and when I took off the old ones I noticed the trunk was dirty, so I took all the carpet out to clean it then it all just went downhill from there. Might as well redo the whole trunk since the spare tire is already out mentality lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

I keep trying to find a decent monoblock wheel to replace my RMs with. No dice. Anyone have some Ronal LS, BBS/Mahles or something similar laying around?

Comment

Originally posted by Coy325i View Post
                    Hello,

New member. Just saw this PNW thread. Thought I'd say hi from Salem, OR.
                    Nice rig, and aloha.

Comment

I keep trying to find a decent monoblock wheel to replace my RMs with. No dice. Anyone have some Ronal LS, BBS/Mahles or something similar laying around?
                      I have a set of staggered Borbet B's that need a fill/redrill

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtsquirt View Post
                        I have a set of staggered Borbet B's that need a fill/redrill
                        I love those. But, I need 15".

ION: I'm having a sad morning. My parts guy in Germany has jumped his prices a good 50%. That means I have to charge more, bring over less, and have less variety of parts. Likely I'll dial it back to only E21 parts like bumpers and headlights. Sad.

Comment

Lame.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Any recommendations for detailers north of seattle? need my carpets steam cleaned, thanks heater core valve for puking all over my carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              Any recommendations for detailers north of seattle? need my carpets steam cleaned, thanks heater core valve for puking all over my carpet.
                              Pay a homeless person before going to 2 guys 1 cup detailing .02c

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                                ...2 guys 1 cup detailing...
                                Lololololol. I think they're defunct now.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X