PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
    Sounds like you need a little alpha team in your life. You better be up for the picnic, it won't be the same without the death machine.
    Damn straight!

Stevo is coming with me to Indonesia in June to essentially do the Top Gear Vietnam Special. May have to line up the end of it with the picnic....
    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Picked up the car on the forklift at work today, definetly a tore csb. Anybody have a core eta driveshaft I need one to have rebuilt.

Comment

I do. Replied to your thread.
        -Peter
        '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
        '91 318is slicktop project
        '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
        '00 Tundra

Comment

thanks 10toes for helping me pull my bumpers off today and helping me get my car ready for paint!
          My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
            Am I the only one here who dd my e30?

I mean, I dig the e36 m3 but the e30 is way cooler imo.
            If I wanted good mpg, I would drive the geo...
            i DD an 06 nismo edition nissan frontier, it's alright.
            definitely is quick and handles better than most trucks, so thats a bonus.
            My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
              It's all about the right tool for the job. If you want to use a Ming case to bang in a nail, so be it. But for slugging through rush hour traffic does it really matter how "fun" your car is? Not really.
              I know this ultimately boils down to a differing opinion but yes, I do believe my daily driver should be fun. Some days I don't get have time to go on a spirited drive or engross myself with the meandering curves of a well crafted road but if my daily sparks a quickening of breath, a dose of endorphins or a split second of white knuckle acceleration down an on ramp that's enough. I have to get my petrol powered fix every day and a mundane, invisible, dime a dozen commuter just won't do it for me.
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

I Agree 100% I hate driving stock cars, they just feel mushy.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                  I know this ultimately boils down to a differing opinion but yes, I do believe my daily driver should be fun. Some days I don't get have time to go on a spirited drive or engross myself with the meandering curves of a well crafted road but if my daily sparks a quickening of breath, a dose of endorphins or a split second of white knuckle acceleration down an on ramp that's enough. I have to get my petrol powered fix every day and a mundane, invisible, dime a dozen commuter just won't do it for me.
                  This is exactly how I feel too. I want the car that I spend the most time in to be the best and most fun car I have for any amount of time spent in it. It puts a smile on my face daily, and that alone is worth it. Ive never gotten that with Hondas or Toyo's or water cooled VW's.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                    Damn straight!

Stevo is coming with me to Indonesia in June to essentially do the Top Gear Vietnam Special. May have to line up the end of it with the picnic....
                    I could see you two driving a pail of trail 90's around Vietnam. BTW, thanks for the invite....;)

Comment

RIIIP CITY BABY

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        I couldn't imagine driving your turbo car in the rain.
                        It's pretty nuts. As soon as it builds boost the tires spin, even in 5th gear at 60mph

Originally posted by Habla View Post
                        So the eta is the garage queen and the big six turbo beast is the DD right? ;)
                        haha yea my $600 eta is definitely the garage queen. Good thing I have a truck for how often it decides not to run.
                        m106 1990 e30
                        e36 daily
                        e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                          It's pretty nuts. As soon as it builds boost the tires spin, even in 5th gear at 60mph
                          That's sketch, lol. Even my s50 car is touchy in the rain. If I nail it in 4th in the rain, it'll lose traction. Can't imagine what it's like with boost.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                            haha yea my $600 eta is definitely the garage queen. Good thing I have a truck for how often it decides not to run.
                            How often is that? It needs a cheap m50tu!
                            -Peter
                            '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                            '00 Tundra

Comment

Once a week ish I'll be driving and it'll decide it doesnt want to anymore. After a few minutes of sitting its fine. I have an m30 in my garage, and a complete turbo set up from a 745i. Can't really imagine having two turbo'ed m30 e30's haha
                              m106 1990 e30
                              e36 daily
                              e32 cruiser

Comment

Bonkers.
                                -Peter
                                '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                                '00 Tundra

Comment

Working...