PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

That's for lows, I had bixenons. I need a bright non hid h1 bulb.

Comment

Bixenon does both low and high.
      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
        Bixenon does both low and high.
        it's amazing, like having a daylight generator
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

This car lolz
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Bixenon is great for the low beam outer light. The problem is the inside highs they are not designed to have all four lights on, and that's the only way bixenon would solve the warming up of the hid issue. Bixenon in the high bulbs would still be way to bright on low because it's just not designed to be on unless you need the highs.
            When I flip on my highs I don't want to wait for them to warm up. I don't want hid highs. I want a really bright h1 bulb I also don't like the clutter of all 4 ballast and harness's that's why I switched back to incandescent bulbs.

Comment

I think he's trying to say that you could run whatever bulb you wanted in the high position because with a bixenon the light output in "high" mode would eclipse any other option for just a fancy high bulb.
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                Can't be bothered to bleed the bitch or change a damn water pump...
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

or put a shift knob in it

Comment

Or put it in a crusher.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Can't be bothered to bleed the bitch or change a damn water pump...

Exactly especially if your going to try to triple your money it better be in good running condition this is a no better than a shell at this point im almost sure the head is warped or close to ut at this point
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                        I think he's trying to say that you could run whatever bulb you wanted in the high position because with a bixenon the light output in "high" mode would eclipse any other option for just a fancy high bulb.
                        The Bixenon projector goes in the outer "low beam" bucket which now does both low and high... The mini H1 6.0 projector is tons more efficient than the stock euro CRAP projectors and now you get highs and lows from the outer pair and can run whatever knida regular bulbs in the inside bright buckets... The bixenon function in the outer buckets is more than enough light, add the inside buckets and you've got some serious light down the street.

This is a bare stock euro projector (no housing) with a hid bulb of unknown origin of 6 or 8 k versus my new H1 6.0 and Squared adapter, fully installed in my euro smily housing with a clear lamin x film over the top and morimoto 5k bulb.

IMG_6195m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_6198m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_6199m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_6201m by Der E30, on Flickr
                        -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Is there a Fog light thats the same size (5" I think) that could replace the high beam (inner light) ? I am planning on getting the BiXenon setup soon, although my lights are already modified so that the lows stay on with the highs
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                            Is there a Fog light thats the same size (5" I think) that could replace the high beam (inner light) ? I am planning on getting the BiXenon setup soon, although my lights are already modified so that the lows stay on with the highs
                            The stock center brights are pretty incredible how they are super focused and put the light waaaay down the street ... Idk why you'd do anything to them... There have got to be 5 inch fogs out there.
                            -Christian

Comment

Can anyone explain to me what a dime runs like? That said, this car looks decent.

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                                Can anyone explain to me what a dime runs like? That said, this car looks decent.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4459482729.html
                                That's actually a pretty solid price. I'd guess the windows are messed up, only way to explain them oddly up/down there.
                                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                                2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                                2010 Buell XB9SX
                                2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                                1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                                1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                                1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                                2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Working...
                                X