No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

BMW wut, I predicted this a month ago but didn't think they would be this stupid, They separate 3 and 4 series cause "sedan and coupe" and then make a 4 series gran coupe? which is literally a 3 series? wat.

Toyota of europe everyone.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
      diff is out of an e30 m3. Internals were swapped out for a 4.45 quaife gear set. This thing was taken apart fully and rebuilt when the new gear set was installed.

Not sure what the e30 m3 diffs were originally geared at.
      4.10 lsd

Comment

I remember seeing a gold colored(like a tinted bronzit) I can't remember the color name . It was an early sedan, automatic for sale, I can't find the thread, anybody know what I'm talking about?

Comment

No
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW18FT7Qt2w

BMW wut, I predicted this a month ago but didn't think they would be this stupid, They separate 3 and 4 series cause "sedan and coupe" and then make a 4 series gran coupe? which is literally a 3 series? wat.

Toyota of europe everyone.
            Will,

You have to understand the difference between a sedan and the gran coupe. I'll let this video do the explaining. Just watch the first 6 min.

As you can tell, it's a lot more than just a 3 series.

Comment

Frame less doors and a hatchback doesn't make it that much different. Its still going to compete with the 3 series. It doesn't make sense. BMW is crowding their range.
              willschnitz

Comment

I'll agree with you that they are crowding their range, however, they've been doing that for many years and it hasn't slowed them down.

Comment

Think about this, currently they make: X1, 2-Series, 3-Series, X3, 4-Series, 5-Series, X5, 6-Series, X6, 7-Series, and i3. Soon the i8 and possibly the X4. Now you'll notice that I didn't mention the M or Z -cars either, just categorize those in the series as you see fit.

It's a large variety, but think back to the large variety they offered with the E30 and even all the different cars they had on the market back in the 80's.

All I'm saying is that the little things like frameless doors and hatchbacks make all the difference to some.

Comment

4 series grancoupe is badass. Similar room as a sedan but way more sporty. The x4 is out and is amazing feels like a race car in a SUV. Both cars are still bmw at the core just a different exterior that were use to.

Comment

Got bored and decided to paint all the bottom parts on the track car so it doesnt rust, as it will be sitting outside for next couple months.
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

Got bored and decided to paint all the bottom parts on the track car so it doesnt rust, as it will be sitting outside for next couple months.
                        Man, that looks exactly like my car when I got it.
                        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Looking to buy an e28 or e12. If anyone knows of one that isn't being advertised locally or on the forums let me know. Finders fee? :)

Comment

Anyone around the Tacoma area know of a guy with a grey/charcoal dinan badged e39 540? Aftermarket wheels/exhaust?

He just ate shit out on the Pt Defiance 5mile drive. If he missed that tree he might have ended up in the Puget Sound. Lucky guy.
                            Last edited by iansane; 07-21-2014, 12:03 AM.
                            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                              I remember seeing a gold colored(like a tinted bronzit) I can't remember the color name . It was an early sedan, automatic for sale, I can't find the thread, anybody know what I'm talking about?
                              sounds like the one bmwm42 was selling
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Iansane, is there a news story or link??
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X