No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just put a price together for a m20 t-belt package if my shop would do it, $650. It's listed at 3.5 hours for just the belt but you have factor in seals and water pump, plus bleeding the cooling the system.

Comment

I think doing a timing belt/ water pump job is a right of passage into E30 life. If you can do it on your own, then most of the work that needs to be done on the car will be within reach and you will have that fun car you thought it was. If you cant do it on your own, then you are probably going to get frustrated with all the little shit that goes wrong and you will want to sell it and get a honda instead.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I think doing a timing belt/ water pump job is a right of passage into E30 life. If you can do it on your own, then most of the work that needs to be done on the car will be within reach and you will have that fun car you thought it was. If you cant do it on your own, then you are probably going to get frustrated with all the little shit that goes wrong and you will want to sell it and get a honda instead.
        This is pretty accurate. And honestly, as far as timing chain/belt jobs go... it's a pretty easy one.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Also, not all car guys like to actually work on cars I don't pay others to work on my cars, just can understand why it's worth it to some.
          Fucking hate working on my own shit anymore. Don't ever make your hobby your job. I have little to no desire to finish any of my own projects anymore.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            Fucking hate working on my own shit anymore. Don't ever make your hobby your job. I have little to no desire to finish any of my own projects anymore.
            That's why you have mine. Muahahaha!
            sigpic
            1990 Brilliantrot 325i (Always a project)
            2015 Alpine 320xi (Daily)

Comment

Originally posted by KLiz90 View Post
              That's why you have mine. Muahahaha!
              -__________________-

I think I've done more work to yours this year than I have all 3 of mine combined. LOL

Comment

Truth. Other than auto racing, I want nothing to do with cars anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                  Truth. Other than auto racing, I want nothing to do with cars anymore.
                  My red car and silver car will be my last E30 builds (unless another M3 falls in my lap, but I highly doubt that), and who knows if I will ever begin my '55 truck or '49 Olds coupe.

Comment

A few months ago there was an e30 track car on cl for 16k it was alpine turboed, had a useless cage, did that ever sell? Anyone on here?

Comment

His name is "obrien" and it sold for full asking price.

Comment

Always wanted to be a tech. The way things worked out I became a Parts Manager. Looking back, i'm glad it went the way it went because I get to talk cars all day, never turn a wrench, and when i'm off work - that's all I want to do!

Funny when I was growing up I always wanted my hobby to be my job. Now I understand, that it can really work against you!
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I wear a suit during the day and sit on r3v. I cant wait to get home to wrench and get dirty haha
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have no desire to fly airplanes on my days off.

Fuck that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
                              I have no desire to fly airplanes on my days off.

Fuck that shit.
                              #firstworldproblems

Comment

-__________________-

I think I've done more work to yours this year than I have all 3 of mine combined. LOL
                                But at least he's all purdy and not clapped out now! :D
                                sigpic
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325i (Always a project)
                                2015 Alpine 320xi (Daily)

Comment

Working...
                                X