No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasnt interviewed. I was waiting for it in the mail, and didn't realize they were online. Figured id share for non cca peeps.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      Would be kinda cool if they were the blue/yellow or yellow/blue plates tho. Doubtful, but you never know.

They are, which is why I asked the question. I'm sure the future owner would love to have them.

Jon

sigpic

Comment

But dont plates need renewed every 7 years? So they dont get made anymore?

Comment

In oregon you can keep yours however long you'd like. You don't have to get new ones like you do in Washington.
          sigpic
          1990 Brilliantrot 325i (Always a project)
          2015 Alpine 320xi (Daily)

Comment

That's the tricky thing. The lady at the WA dmv told me that you can do it, but cops will pull you over so you can prove it's yours. Real hassle that I'd rather not deal with.

If it was an immaculate M, then I'd use em, but didn't know what regulations are in Oregon.

Jon

sigpic

Comment

I walked in to get tabs for my 318is last Nov, shes like thatll be 75$, when it shoulda been 40$, apparently I needed a new set of plates, pointless, but took them to prevent being pulled over

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                They are, which is why I asked the question. I'm sure the future owner would love to have them.

Jon
                Ooooh. Neato. You can register any set of plates to the car that you'd like...provided they're not stolen. Lol.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

If they're a plate that's no longer in production they have to be registered as custom plates.

Comment

Yea I've been looking for 80s Washington plates for mine. I wish I could just re register the Cali plates that are literally from the dealer in 1989.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

eBay. I bought really nice yellow/blue oregon 80's plates for my car for 15$ just call dmv before you order and make sure you can use them

Comment

Fuck guys, it's been 10 years since I got my first e30.

Still kills me that I ruined, an easily fixable henna car :(

My ex drove it through a fence. I used parts off my bronzit parts car couldn't stand the bronzit front so I just primered the whole car :(

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

Poor henna. Better then a a bronzit/henna color combo.

In other news, I'm replacing my control arms and rear subframe bushings this week, and am still deciding what method to use to get my old rsb's out. I'm installing powerflex
                          Poly, so I'm thinkin saws all method, but I've never had to do it before. Jon
                          Last edited by 1craze30; 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            Yea I've been looking for 80s Washington plates for mine. I wish I could just re register the Cali plates that are literally from the dealer in 1989.
                            sell them to me
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              sell them to me
                              Haha its only a single plate, the Rear. Cause PO though front plates were dumb too.

Edit: Anyone wanna split? http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-OREGON-a...item20eb19950b
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

That OR plate is actually from 1987 and probably came from Rasmussen downtown.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X