No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reposting to help my neighbors' son. He's selling his '89 ix that needs only a little work for $2500

'84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
    '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
    '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Just thought id share a link with some great info, as I was looking for an exact description of the recaros I just purchased:

RECARO RESOURCE GUIDE https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- First off here is some basic Recaro knowledge, hopefully you guys will appreciate it. It mostly covers seats made from the late 70s and up, i dont have a ton of info on the earlier seats. I will update this

I guess I have a set of LX-B seats.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
        Reposting to help my neighbors' son. He's selling his '89 ix that needs only a little work for $2500

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4722277021.html
        Shame it's an auto, but looks to be a decent gamble. Car looks clean!
        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Mmmmmm M3 Sport Evo!
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
            5spd swap and a tune up would do it justice
            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
              Someone local to that car want to take a look at it for me?
              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Jaime is the dudes neighbor kevin at least that's what was mentioned a few posts before
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                  Someone local to that car want to take a look at it for me?
                  Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  Jaime is the dudes neighbor kevin at least that's what was mentioned a few posts before
                  The owner is actually the son of my neighbor. But if you're really interested I could look at it
                  '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                  '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

My buddies 87 325i just had a small engine fire, so he needs a new engine harness. I know the 87 has the injector harness hardwired in but what else is different?
                    Can he use an 88+ since they are easier to find?

Either way he needs a new harness if anyone has one.

Comment

Perfect time to convert to Motronic 1.3 and a 173 DME. You just need to do the wiring for the tachometer since '87s had the wiring in the glovebox.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        Perfect time to convert to Motronic 1.3 and a 173 DME. You just need to do the wiring for the tachometer since '87s had the wiring in the glovebox.
                        Hmmm....
                        This is Keith's old car. It had a 173 already in it.....but it definitely has an 87 harness.

Comment

Originally posted by Red46 View Post
                          My buddies 87 325i just had a small engine fire, so he needs a new engine harness. I know the 87 has the injector harness hardwired in but what else is different?
                          Can he use an 88+ since they are easier to find?

Either way he needs a new harness if anyone has one.
                          Damn, It's an I car, I was going to say I got a 87 eta, I can go take a shit ton of pictures.....but......different harness.

I'm in and out of junk yards all the time, I will keep an eye out for a harness.
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I thought the poltergeist or whatever haunted that car was released when I sold it.
                            Anyway, I laid out both an 88 and 87 harness side by side about 10 years ago. From what I recall, the FI rail and oxygen sensor plug were different. I believe there were also a couple additional plugs on the later harness but I'm not 100% sure what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
                              I thought the poltergeist or whatever haunted that car was released when I sold it.
                              Anyway, I laid out both an 88 and 87 harness side by side about 10 years ago. From what I recall, the FI rail and oxygen sensor plug were different. I believe there were also a couple additional plugs on the later harness but I'm not 100% sure what they were.
                              Haha, they're bAAaaaack.
                              I've never had them out side by side but what you've mentioned sounds right.

Comment

Got some freetime to kill on Sunday. Anyone want to go on a drive and grab lunch at someplace rad and awesome?
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X