PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    yup have one on my parts car could ship it to you if you cant find one local
    Yeah I will keep that in mind, thanks Toes.

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
    I have a lot

PM sent
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Looking for a 325i trunk emblem, anyone got on laying around?

Comment

My coupe doesn't need its anymore. Currently at the shop in PDX.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

installed a new antenna mast today from antennamastsrus.com

For $20 shipped I was skeptical... but I installed it in 2 minutes and the finish quality is very good

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            installed a new antenna mast today from antennamastsrus.com

For $20 shipped I was skeptical... but I installed it in 2 minutes and the finish quality is very good
            Is that a power one?

I just pulled the antenna from a parts car. It originally only moved an inch or so up and down. After a couple minutes with the graphite it slides up and down with ease. It's amazing, after not having a regular radio in my car for almost 3 years, I remembered listening to the radio is a real nice alternative to CDs and aux inputs.
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Ian, do you work at that Oreilly or just spend all your time there? ; )
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Ha. Both, unfortunately.
                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

It's amazing how a silly ground connection can really f*ck with your whole day, but it's such a refreshing feeling hearing your car turn on again after an engine swap :up:
                  Originally posted by James Crivellone
                  1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                    Is that a power one?

I just pulled the antenna from a parts car. It originally only moved an inch or so up and down. After a couple minutes with the graphite it slides up and down with ease. It's amazing, after not having a regular radio in my car for almost 3 years, I remembered listening to the radio is a real nice alternative to CDs and aux inputs.
                    yes factory power antenna. Reception could be better going to look into it this coming week. Got the antenna from antennamastsrus.com - works great!

Comment

Haruko,

My first E30 I bought for 375.00 - no start condition. Checked the ground cable from the block/oil pan to the frame and she started right up! Immediately did the water pump and TB afterwards. Grounds can creat a lot of issues, if i'm ever stumped at a runability issue I always try not to overlook the condition of the grounds. Glad you got it sorted!
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Gotta love easy fixes.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Keep looking at Motec, pectel, and bosche standalones. god damn.
                          I want one soo bad, Im really contemplating which one I would want, and if I really want to go for it. If anyone has some leads on such units, please let me know

Comment

my e30 was running great last night. all of a sudden this morning i turned her on. idled just fine, let the car warm up. but as soon as i started driving the engine started sputtering and studdering and had very low power. doing an oil change and cleaning the TPS.

any other tips on what else i should do/try if the above doesn't resolve the issue?

edit: 1990 325i
                            My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Is it only a warm issue or under load issue? M20 still?

Comment

Sounds like a engine coolant temp sensor?

Comment

Working...
                                X