Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
    I wish that all cars looked like their suspension was completely broken and their wheels were about to fall off.
    I think my mom's Honda CRV wouldn't look too sexy slammed....
    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

    Comment


      Originally posted by Nesset View Post
      I think my mom's Honda CRV wouldn't look too sexy slammed....



      lol

      Japan seems to love their slammed odysseys

      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

      Comment


        She has a 07. It's a gen newer... Really ugly lol
        -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
        -1986 528e 5 speed daily

        Comment


          That second one is god awful. So not looking forward to explaining to the next generation why we thought that ruining the handling and making cars look like the wheels were broken was a thing.
          Alpha Team Inductee

          2014 Icon E-Flyer
          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
          2010 Buell XB9SX
          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
          2002 Mazda Miata LS

          Comment


            Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
            Not sure why you would want an LED light that only does low beams?

            From what I have read JW Speaker would be the way to go if you want great lighting, but I admit they are pretty ugly, not to mention the 8630 is ~$500/each.

            I have been doing quite a bit of research, and decided converting to US ellips and then installing morimoto H1 mini projectors with some OEM Denso ballasts and XB35 bulbs should be good enough. I really wanted to do a D2s retro-fit, but after contacting Lightwerkz they highly recommended against it as it is much more difficult to install and seal properly.
            Yeah, saw the JW Speaker solution. Very ugly and expensive.
            I want low beams only because the e30 has a separate set of headlights for just hi-beams.

            I'm going to do some more digging. At the end of the day I am looking for a lighting upgrade for my sealed beams that is 100% reversible. (E30 M3s that came stock with sealed beams are pretty rare IIRC).
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

            Comment


              Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
              Yeah, saw the JW Speaker solution. Very ugly and expensive.
              I want low beams only because the e30 has a separate set of headlights for just hi-beams.

              I'm going to do some more digging. At the end of the day I am looking for a lighting upgrade for my sealed beams that is 100% reversible. (E30 M3s that came stock with sealed beams are pretty rare IIRC).
              The mini H1 conversion really kicks butt, its amazing how bright they are.:up:

              Can you not convert to euros or us elips with the mini H1 and run wiring harness converters so you don't have to cut your plugs? The lamps themselves probably are a bolt on affair, so its just wiring?
              -Christian

              '02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the ├╝ber project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

              Comment


                Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                Yeah, saw the JW Speaker solution. Very ugly and expensive.
                I want low beams only because the e30 has a separate set of headlights for just hi-beams.

                I'm going to do some more digging. At the end of the day I am looking for a lighting upgrade for my sealed beams that is 100% reversible. (E30 M3s that came stock with sealed beams are pretty rare IIRC).
                Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                The mini H1 conversion really kicks butt, its amazing how bright they are.:up:

                Can you not convert to euros or us elips with the mini H1 and run wiring harness converters so you don't have to cut your plugs? The lamps themselves probably are a bolt on affair, so its just wiring?
                This is exactly what I am doing right now. I have the stock H4 sealed beams in my M3 now. Both low and high beams are on when high beams are on (the low beam is dual filament, so when you turn on the highs the second filament is lit from my understanding).

                I ordered a brand new set of Hella US Ellipsoid's from eEuroParts.com and have reached out to TheRetrofitSource for details on what wiring harnesses I need to adapt H4 to the 9006 input that the ballast for the Mini H1 6.0 requires. Supposedly the Mini H1 shield has an actuator that you can plug in to flip out of the way when you turn on the high beams, hence the bi-xenon nature of the light.

                Then I plan to get the LED bulb for the high beams from dinanm3atl - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=340586.

                It is not cheap (US Hella ellipsoid's were $400 and the rest will be $400+), but it should give me lighting as good as new BMW's. And best of all completely reversible back to H4 sealed beams to keep the value of the car intact.
                Last edited by hankolerd; 02-20-2015, 01:08 PM.

                Daniel
                1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

                Comment


                  Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  Yeah, saw the JW Speaker solution. Very ugly and expensive.
                  I want low beams only because the e30 has a separate set of headlights for just hi-beams.

                  I'm going to do some more digging. At the end of the day I am looking for a lighting upgrade for my sealed beams that is 100% reversible. (E30 M3s that came stock with sealed beams are pretty rare IIRC).
                  Very early production cars (up til 09/87 iirc) had sealed beams. However, it isn't that big of a deal to do a reversible conversion using adapters for your stock connectors to a 9006 or H1 plug. I've done it on lots of cars and it's pretty painless.
                  Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                  503.967.3800
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                    That second one is god awful. So not looking forward to explaining to the next generation why we thought that ruining the handling and making cars look like the wheels were broken was a thing.


                    ごめなさい

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      Very early production cars (up til 09/87 iirc) had sealed beams. However, it isn't that big of a deal to do a reversible conversion using adapters for your stock connectors to a 9006 or H1 plug. I've done it on lots of cars and it's pretty painless.

                      1990's had sealed beams as well.

                      Daniel
                      1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                      2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                        1990's had sealed beams as well.
                        That goes without saying, sir. All airbag cars had sealed beams. Aaron was referring to early '88 model year cars (hennarot cars in particular).
                        Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                        503.967.3800
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                        Comment


                          Ah I see

                          Daniel
                          1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                          2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

                          Comment


                            Anyone have a working late model starter?
                            Originally posted by James Crivellone
                            1) The internet is NOT serious business.

                            Comment


                              yup have one on my parts car could ship it to you if you cant find one local

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                                Anyone have a working late model starter?
                                I have a lot
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X