No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID's are awesome. For the longest time I believed in just a euro smiley lighting setup... I think that halogen lighting fits the character best of e30s, e28s, e34s, etc.

well I want to make the switch now, the projectors in the smileys look like BMW OE parts!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      HID's are awesome. For the longest time I believed in just a euro smiley lighting setup... I think that halogen lighting fits the character best of e30s, e28s, e34s, etc.

well I want to make the switch now, the projectors in the smileys look like BMW OE parts!!
      After having both a euro smiley set up with H1 HIDs in them and then the retro. its seriously not even a contest

The sideways light is the euro smiley and the dark spot on the left is nothing. I drove to town with just one in and it was like having one light. :D
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I wanna say my bulbs are too close to the cutoff. Maybe I need to add a washer from the kit to the outside of the bulb holder?

From the morimoto kit did you use all the spacers and bushings? or?
        Last edited by Wschnitz; 04-13-2015, 02:16 PM.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Hmm... Thinking about getting rid of the 02 for an E30. Someone knock some sense into me.
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I'll take that lame 02 off your hands :P

So after playing for a few hours with my headlights this is what I got to:

As you can see I've gotten passengers side pretty much nailed down. That's about 15 feet away from a wall. Even though the bulb temperature is obviously not 5k I like the color better then the 5k bulb.

The drivers side however, has an obvious bulb seating issue, the hot spot is no where near the cutoff, and the cutoff is all curved and messy.

Shitty phone pics are shitty.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
              Hmm... Thinking about getting rid of the 02 for an E30. Someone knock some sense into me.
              Porque no los dos?
              Originally posted by Sonny
              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                Porque no los dos?
                Cash strapped 17 year old problems. I really do love it. I just feel that if I keep it for too long it will be unsaveable down the road and it would be a crying shame if that would be the case.
                -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Found this up in the hills today, 323i imported by Ferrari compliance.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                    Found this up in the hills today, 323i imported by Ferrari compliance.

Oooh. Sedan. Neato. Buy it?
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Ya, forunutely the a shell has less rust than mine too, so it will be stripped down, media blasted , and then I'll probably just throw a skim coat on, or prime it really quick so we can mock up the n54

I dig the side markers they installed during federalization, think I'll keep them on there, seems a lot of people patch them up.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                        Ya, forunutely the a shell has less rust than mine too, so it will be stripped down, media blasted , and then I'll probably just throw a skim coat on, or prime it really quick so we can mock up the n54

I dig the side markers they installed during federalization, think I'll keep them on there, seems a lot of people patch them up.
                        It's funny, I hate those side markers on my E21, but I think they look pretty cool on the federalized E30 haha

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                        Bluebird Bus Conversion
                        New Oregon Trail

Comment

I'd at least swoop bumpers if possible.

Comment

Ya, I'm going to save this one, she's already parked soundly at my place with +2 tires

Comment

I hate those sidemarkers on my e28, need to replace a couple of the bulbs though haha

Comment

Ya, I plan to save the whole thing, media blast, fix the rust etc.. but the motor setup might be for sale, haven't confirmed if it's a dogleg or not..

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                                It's funny, I hate those side markers on my E21, but I think they look pretty cool on the federalized E30 haha
                                Ha, I'd have to say, if it had front side markers I probably wouldn't like that

Comment

Working...
                                X