PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    sorry, try again. the car was 12,500 euro as spec'd.
    Pics dont appear to be loading!

Comment

MFW wheel refinisher starts throwing excuses at me why they are the wrong color, why the hubs were coated when they were hub centric, and why they didnt fix the very few knicks and curbing the wheels did have, so he doesnt have to refund me:

Edit: lol now he wont refund me cause I had tires put on one to try and get them mounted and deal with it for now, only for the hubs to be painted like 2mm thick.

Ripperoni in pepperoni, time to save money to have skipps fix them.
      Last edited by Wschnitz; 05-06-2015, 10:17 AM.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I was going to consider them to have one of my ronals straightened, but Ill pass now.

Wheel refinishing at home isnt even that hard, just time consuming. All you need is assorted snadpaper, a coarse file, and a fine file. Wheel bends should be left to a professional. If you want it done right try to do it yourself.

I assume those are powdercoated Will? Why didnt you just paint them with Wurth paint, or similar at home? Cant powdercoat center caps on most wheels, and paint is much easier to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          MFW wheel refinisher starts throwing excuses at me why they are the wrong color, why the hubs were coated when they were hub centric, and why they didnt fix the very few knicks and curbing the wheels did have, so he doesnt have to refund me:

Edit: lol now he wont refund me cause I had tires put on one to try and get them mounted and deal with it for now, only for the hubs to be painted like 2mm thick.

Isn't that why you left them with him!?!?! WTF!?!?

Discount tire scratched my wheels mounting tires, after they said that they wouldn't...
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

sorry, try again. the car was 12,500 euro as spec'd.
            the euro didn't exist until the mid-90's. ps minus.com sucks use imgur

MFW wheel refinisher starts throwing excuses at me why they are the wrong color, why the hubs were coated when they were hub centric, and why they didnt fix the very few knicks and curbing the wheels did have, so he doesnt have to refund me

make sure you take a dump on this place on yelp, totally worth it to aggravate the owner. or do a CC chargeback if you can.

Comment

^ Thank you for the correction concerning the currency. I assume that price was in german marks then. minus doesnt degrade quality though and is good for high res posting, and is easier to use. I like it.

Comment

^ Thank you for the correction concerning the currency. I assume that price was in german marks then. minus doesnt degrade quality though and is good for high res posting, and is easier to use. I like it.
                German marks don't involve the $. That was the US price.
                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                2010 Buell XB9SX
                2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I was going to consider them to have one of my ronals straightened, but Ill pass now.

Wheel refinishing at home isnt even that hard, just time consuming. All you need is assorted snadpaper, a coarse file, and a fine file. Wheel bends should be left to a professional. If you want it done right try to do it yourself.

I assume those are powdercoated Will? Why didnt you just paint them with Wurth paint, or similar at home? Cant powdercoat center caps on most wheels, and paint is much easier to repair.
                  I wanted them powdercoated yes, I run fairly aggressive brake pads and didnt want them to fall apart under the dust in winter times.

Honestly I could do a better job then this guy did, honestly take your stuff to skipps. Fuck this guy and everything about him, never calls you, never lets you know about anything, didnt even show me samples of paint, fuck it all.

Edit: Yelp review is up, although they will pay yelp to have it down within a week no doubt.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Did you not pay with a credit card? If you did, like someone else mentioned, do a charge back.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Yelp review is up, although they will pay yelp to have it down within a week no doubt.
                        Oh come on, you know no one can pay to have negative reviews removed from Yelp. It's totally neutral

Edit: I've had Skip refinish/straighten wheels. He's awesome. His work and the way he does business is old school.
                        Last edited by ajhostetter; 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM.
                        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                          Oh come on, you know no one can pay to have negative reviews removed from Yelp. It's totally neutral

Edit: I've had Skip refinish/straighten wheels. He's awesome. His work and the way he does business is old school.

They don't remove it, they just make it an unverified review and it won't show on the main page, you have to search to find it.

Comment

What's up with these headlights? They look weird somehow, like not euro or US... from here...
                            http://www.canibeat.com/2015/04/ulti...al-coverage/5/
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Those poor cars. Someone should be shot for the wheels and suspension on those things.
                              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                              2010 Buell XB9SX
                              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

stance brah!....

Joel, what track were you at?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X