No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That truck is going to be sick, love how complete and pure it is.
    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Im not into verts but maybe someone is:

Comment

Awesome volvos. Neighbor of mine is the original owner of a silver 242 turbo, with all the bells and whistles. Immaculate car - have always lusted over it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
          That truck is going to be sick, love how complete and pure it is.
          I hope so! I intend to put a new chassis under it with bags all round set up to lay frame, IFS and 4 linked rear, power steering, disc brakes and some sort of LS. Perhaps a 5.3 or 6.0 truck motor with an LSA blower on it and a T56. I have a 8.8 inch ford LSD rear end sitting behind my e30 waiting for it. The truck has been known as the beast in our family for like 30 years so I intend on it being a beast... At least more so than the I6 automatic it has currently... Also I'm gonna leave it with the patina for a while, and not mess with the nearly minty interior it has.
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            That is pretty neat! My great grandpa's truck is a similar story, grandpa bought it in '67, I'm gonna save it from the weeds growing around it maybe this winter:up:
            That'll be sick. I find myself appreciating the older stuff more and more and it is great to see the stuff restored and taken care of.

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
            I love those. I came >this< close to buying a local rare GT model last year. With some wheels and springs and ipd sway bars they can be a nice car. It's no E30 though. The auto is swappable, but I don't think it's near as simple as the E30 swap. And you're in Portland, which is ipd volvo parts central.
            I love the 12x's and the 14x's. Those and the Alfa GTAs are my all time favorites in the looks department. Yeah, I wouldn't buy it to 'compete' with the E30, just to appreciate it and hold it.

Comment

Finally picked up Assetto Corsa, who else is on there aside for Wschnitz?
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Finally picked up Assetto Corsa, who else is on there aside for Wschnitz?
                Ha, as soon as you grabbed it I pretty much switched to project cars. Ill have to reinstall.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Stripped Engine Block Threads

Had a head gasket leak, so I began to dig into it today. Turns out the threads gave out on the engine block for one of the head bolts... sigh

Anyone have a Time-Sert 1090 kit they would be willing to rent?

Or any other tools/ideas you may have... Getting another block would be cheaper than buying one of these things.

Comment

Dropped the E30 off at haurys, fingers crossed its done by picnic!
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post

Had a head gasket leak, so I began to dig into it today. Turns out the threads gave out on the engine block for one of the head bolts... sigh

Anyone have a Time-Sert 1090 kit they would be willing to rent?

Or any other tools/ideas you may have... Getting another block would be cheaper than buying one of these things.
                      I have a cheap B25 bottom end if you want it. $150, comes with a nice oil pan!
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        Dropped the E30 off at haurys, fingers crossed its done by picnic!
                        Wow! Congrats! You just having paint matched for the fender(s) or the whole car painted?
                        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                          Wow! Congrats! You just having paint matched for the fender(s) or the whole car painted?
                          Just those front panels you saw that were primered, well, and my mirrors, IS lip, skirts, and spoiler.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            I have a cheap B25 bottom end if you want it. $150, comes with a nice oil pan!
                            Great, that was the direction I was headed. I don't really trust Helicoil or Time-Sert for a headbolt. PM inc!

Comment

But really, anyone with an IS spoiler going to leavenworth cruise? or is around this weekend? Really need a template, don't wanna fuck up the spoiler install.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                But really, anyone with an IS spoiler going to leavenworth cruise? or is around this weekend? Really need a template, don't wanna fuck up the spoiler install.
                                I have one that can be borrowed or bought. I won't be going up to Leavenworth, but someone in Oregon that is going can pick it up.

Picture in my PNW FS thread if you would want to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X