No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet, I wanted to wait till im finished fiddling with car. And im not grabbing a tech 2, euro 3 spoke :)

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

It runs. My truck runs. Finally. Now if I can get a seat mounted, clutch bled, cluster in and fan wired up I'll have two cars at the old school reunion.
      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
      Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Any of you with a factory IS spoiler wanna help me make a template? Dont really feel like deciphering bmws hard to follow instructions that are in german. Figuring its easier just to find an IS decklid, remove the spoiler, and mark all the holes after cutting out a paper the size of the trunk.

edit: i suck at spelling
        I'm going to be mounting mine pretty soon. I was thinking of just using the same method of using a trunk sized template, marking the holes than laying it back over the trunk and mark the trunk. But I was probably going to try to use the bmw instruction template first since it at least gives measurements. If I can figure it out I can provide my measurements in an easier format if you haven't already done it.

This was much easier the first time around when my spoiler came with a trunk lid attached...
        Last edited by shameson; 06-03-2015, 11:17 PM.
        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
        '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
        '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
          Going to ditch airbag in my m3, just due to fact its likely to not work or function properly. Regardless of not being affected. Id assume most e30 bags wont work either
          this. every e30 i've owned, ive gotten rid of the airbag..

probably going to do the same on my ///M once im done addressing little issues
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I know someone that had their airbag explode upon impact. Needless to say, I would never have one in my car.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              I know someone that had their airbag explode upon impact. Needless to say, I would never have one in my car.
              in an e30?

I'd leave it on newer cars but given that it was retrofitted into the e30 3/4ths through the lifespan, and 25 years old at best now. I can't imagine it was very good when new.

Comment

Anyone drive a normal z3 coupe before? Always thought it would make a decent small DD.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Considering that most of the parts off z3s are upgrades for the e30 I'd wager you're right. Unless you have more than one dependent. Then not so much.

Comment

Drove a 50k mile 3.0 Z3 coupe today, loved it.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Might as well go for the Z3MC, especially considering the crazy money people want for plain z3 coupes being "rarer" than M's. interior looks much, much better on the z3m too.

Comment

I would agree in most cases, but the car he is referring to is a pretty fucking clean car. Hard to find the low miles cars anymore, especially for a decent price.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

This coupe was a late model M54 model, with like every option. I cant afford it but I can dream, If any of you does want it though let me know, I could try to find the owner so you can skip the dumb dealership consignment.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Volvo 142

This is super cool. In the same family since 1968.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                              This is super cool. In the same family since 1968.
                              http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5048621906.html
                              That is pretty neat! My great grandpa's truck is a similar story, grandpa bought it in '67, I'm gonna save it from the weeds growing around it maybe this winter:up:
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I love those. I came >this< close to buying a local rare GT model last year. With some wheels and springs and ipd sway bars they can be a nice car. It's no E30 though. The auto is swappable, but I don't think it's near as simple as the E30 swap. And you're in Portland, which is ipd volvo parts central.

Click image for larger version

Name:	73 142E.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	7177056

Name:	1969_Volvo_142S.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	7177057

Name:	8321741_720x0.jpg