No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wschnitz/DER you guys wanna buy the trunklid from my e30? It's sitting at a shop in PDX with spoiler intact.
    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Yeah just a normal IS spoiler, figure anyone who already has one can just take the plastic nuts off and Ill take a pre cut cutout of the trunk edge and just mark the holes and bam done.
      pm me and we can probably find a time for you to come over and take a look at my car. i need to remove it anyway to get the spoiler cleaned up.

Comment

Parts For Sale

What's up guys, new to the E30 world and I'm trying to get some parts for my 89' 325i in Alpine White. For example Lowering/ Sport Springs, Steering wheel, shift/ e-brake boot covers, floor mats, and of course wheels and tires in 4x100. I keep looking in the "parts for sale" thread but I don't want to wait for shipping! Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
          A month ago I emailed asking the state of my car and the bill. Still no response :(
          Sorry to hear. Mine is still up in the air. Might be done, might not.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Yeah just a normal IS spoiler, figure anyone who already has one can just take the plastic nuts off and Ill take a pre cut cutout of the trunk edge and just mark the holes and bam done.
            Just had my spoiler off last weekend. I can drop by tonight and remove the spoiler.

Comment

blew the engine on my 125 2 stroke, but alas a 12mm socket and 5 minutes of my spare time had the whole top end torn down, will post pics later. Going with a forged Wossner racing piston and some headwork to make it a screamer
              Last edited by 5Toes; 06-19-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

A month ago I emailed asking the state of my car and the bill. Still no response :(
                Nothing to worry about, no communication almost always means they are on-time and under budget. ;-)
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                  pm me and we can probably find a time for you to come over and take a look at my car. i need to remove it anyway to get the spoiler cleaned up.
                  Originally posted by RainRider View Post
                  Just had my spoiler off last weekend. I can drop by tonight and remove the spoiler.
                  Will probably take one of you up on that.

Wschnitz/DER you guys wanna buy the trunklid from my e30? It's sitting at a shop in PDX with spoiler intact.
                  Not unless its free.99 ;) I have no need for it besides the measurements, I have no where to put it, no garage.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

I really shouldn't sell it until the car is in full parting-out mode. I don't want it to get trucked from PDX to SEA with an exposed trunk, afterall. Would lower the value of the lukebox for sure.
                    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                    2010 Buell XB9SX
                    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

A month with no contact on a project of that scale makes me cringe!!

Not to mention the $$$ you've probably already shelled out, hope they update you soon!
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Cmon, it's not that bad, It's not like the last conversation went like this or anything:

Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                        2010 Buell XB9SX
                        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

The replies give you hope then you see the date of when they were sent.

They say a couple weeks if all goes well from the 20th of May. lol. Do you have anyone local to the shop coming by every now and again to see progress?

Are you adding anything or is it pretty much the same exact drivetrain from your coupe? Going to be sick in the new project!
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I could send my padre, but at the end of the day all I care about is the budget. I want to break even with my insurance payout.

Same drivetrain from the OG Death machine, some parts won't be as nice but somehow despite this:

The wheels are completely perfect and intact. I had to get some new suspension bits, but not too much esploded. The car will live in PDX and not hardly be used, don't want to put real money into it like I did the last one.
                            Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                            2010 Buell XB9SX
                            2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I highly doubt that one OZ is perfect but still looks like you got lucky.

Can't wait to see touring death machine some time.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Who's late model bronzit coupe is broken on hwy500 by van mall?
                                sigpic
                                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X