No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd keep it diesel too. Put an intercooler & egt sensor on that then start cranking up the boost and fuel. Should be fun
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

With higher boost the torque in that car would be crazy haha
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I'd keep it diesel too. Put an intercooler & egt sensor on that then start cranking up the boost and fuel. Should be fun
        Yes! That is definitely in the works too. Now I just have to decide if I should delete the AC to make room for an intercooler, or keep it intact and get it working again

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

I like your plan. My boss has one too, cherry, black, auto w/ low miles. No plans to fuck with it so I like seeing what you're planning to do. lol
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I had a dream that someone near me had an e30 m3 that he didn't want so he just gave it to me.
            Then I woke up.
            Needless to say my day has been a mix of strange emotions I've never felt before.
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
              With higher boost the torque in that car would be crazy haha
              The boost is really only needed to make sure the additional fuel doesn't blow up the motor.

Diesels are backwards, it's the fuel that makes the power
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                The boost is really only needed to make sure the additional fuel doesn't blow up the motor.

Diesels are backwards, it's the fuel that makes the power
                So is the boost used to push more fuel through the system? Or just used to ouch more air in and make it an ass load denser, like on gasoline motors? Really confused here I work on a Cummins turbo diesel from time to time and still don't know a bit about how turbos work on diesels.
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

Anyone have some headlights/turn signals laying around they want to get rid of? I'd need brackets and everything since there isn't anything on the car now. And I'm on the hunt for an m42 cluster coding plug.
                  84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                  Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                    Anyone have some headlights/turn signals laying around they want to get rid of? I'd need brackets and everything since there isn't anything on the car now. And I'm on the hunt for an m42 cluster coding plug.

I got headlights for ya!
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                      I have some chepo depo turn signals with adapters that don't match an e30. If that'll help lmao.
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

Holy bejebus. How is everyone coping with the 95 degree weather?
                        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                          Holy bejebus. How is everyone coping with the 95 degree weather?
                          I left and went to LA, and got like 80's and rain. Wtf.

Also, anyone know any BMW must-do in LA? Or wrecking yards here? Figured I'd look for a few parts while I'm here.
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                            So is the boost used to push more fuel through the system? Or just used to ouch more air in and make it an ass load denser, like on gasoline motors? Really confused here I work on a Cummins turbo diesel from time to time and still don't know a bit about how turbos work on diesels.

Diesels don't have throttle bodies. The throttle is on the fuel system, controlling much fuel is injected. The intake is open, and power is limited by how much air you can get in.

detonation on a diesel is what makes it work, so it's not a problem. But too much fuel creates super high exhaust temps which will kill it. So a diesel turbo doesn't care how much air is going in, as long as there is enough fuel to use it all.

Lean mixture kills gas engines, rich mixtures kills diesel engines

Comment

I need a new sig. Someone wanna hook it up?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                                I need a new sig. Someone wanna hook it up?
                                Can we use the pic of you sitting next to your wrecked front end? haha

How did that happen anyway?
                                Last edited by Wschnitz; 07-20-2015, 06:03 AM.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X