PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sup dude!

I don't think he is getting ripped of per say. In your case the end customer is getting a hassle free experience and all he has to do is wait patiently and swipe a card, while in the end getting a mint running e30. That is great and I am happy to see owners willing to save the car instead of junking it. when I go to my indy I expect to pay double to triple the cost of the part for the convenience of me not having to do shit.

where I get annoyed is when BMW of Seattle charges a significant amount more than other dealers. The door handle is a good example. Since they have it in stock I'd be willing to pay more for the convince of having it today. But over double plus tax? I can have it shipped next day for less and I don't even need to leave my house. Not to mention when they also have to order the parts.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

buyers remorse already?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

He should probably take that down, I bought it from him a couple days ago.
        Derek-

Comment

If you've ever done the rear trailing arm bushings/ subframe bushings yourself you probably wish you paid a shop to do it.

Paolo, Im curious what you guys charge to install the AFM? Thats a 10 minute job unless it needs to be adjusted, but if I was paying $700 for a new part, Id be a little pissed if it needed to be adjusted too
          Last edited by 2mAn; 07-26-2015, 04:49 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This thread has gotten slow the past few days.
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              If you've ever done the rear trailing arm bushings/ subframe bushings yourself you probably wish you paid a shop to do it.
              I'm having a shop do this job for me... Way too lazy to do mine lol
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I remember going to look at Jand3rson's car back before he sold it. Wonder why this guy sold it just a few months later.
                sigpic
                '88 325is. built M20. dd.
                '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

Paolo, Im curious what you guys charge to install the AFM? Thats a 10 minute job unless it needs to be adjusted, but if I was paying $700 for a new part, Id be a little pissed if it needed to be adjusted too
                  An AFM should never have to be adjusted. They're pre programmed.

Also, subframe/t arm bushings is a pretty lengthy job, but really not that bad. It could be done in an afternoon.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by dpmit94 View Post
                    I remember going to look at Jand3rson's car back before he sold it. Wonder why this guy sold it just a few months later.

I was wondering the same thing, but IMHO he got a bit in over his head with maintenance on an e30. After he busted the oil pan and had to replace a radiator.

He told me he wanted an AWD car for winter.

I've put a couple hundred miles on it since I picked it up and haven't noticed anything TOO crazy. It needs a bit of tinkering.

All that said, I would like to talk to someone who knew the car when Jand3rson sold it, simply so I can know what to expect.
                    Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                      I was wondering the same thing, but IMHO he got a bit in over his head with maintenance on an e30. After he busted the oil pan and had to replace a radiator.

He told me he wanted an AWD car for winter.

I've put a couple hundred miles on it since I picked it up and haven't noticed anything TOO crazy. It needs a bit of tinkering.

All that said, I would like to talk to someone who knew the car when Jand3rson sold it, simply so I can know what to expect.

What e30 doesn't need a bit of tinkering? 😂

Either way, hopefully you're happy with the purchase. It's a clean car and the engine bay is my inspiration for the swap I'm piecing together.

It's funny actually, I was going to call the guy today and try and trade him wheels since he was going to part with the car anyway. That said, you wouldn't fancy some 16x9 BBS RS reps plus some cash on top would ya? Hahah

I'd love to see the car in person again sometime. When I met Jand3rson the first time I saw it, he seemed a bit rushed so I didn't really have a chance to get a good look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      sigpic
                      '88 325is. built M20. dd.
                      '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

I had a shop do mine. Doesn't look like a fun job, nor did it sound like it was on mine.
                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmit94 View Post
                          What e30 doesn't need a bit of tinkering? 😂

Either way, hopefully you're happy with the purchase. It's a clean car and the engine bay is my inspiration for the swap I'm piecing together.

It's funny actually, I was going to call the guy today and try and trade him wheels since he was going to part with the car anyway. That said, you wouldn't fancy some 16x9 BBS RS reps plus some cash on top would ya? Hahah

I'd love to see the car in person again sometime. When I met Jand3rson the first time I saw it, he seemed a bit rushed so I didn't really have a chance to get a good look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be assured that I am extremely happy with it. The tinkering is one of those reasons we all love our cars.

It's a great replacement for my ex-e30 that I foolishly sold. (I will have to keep this one for life after that mistake.) I can't believe how well set up it is, it's just a dream on wheels.

As for 3sdm's, not a chance. :) but you're welcome to shoot me a PM if you ever want to look it over or go for a drive. I work at Deschutes, so my schedule is less rushed these days.
                          Derek-

Comment

Nice ride i bet it rips.

Comment

Oh man....burning out subframe bushing is a rite-of-passage for any e30 owner. It is a PITA, and it makes a mess, and it will take all weekend, and you'll have to drive to the hardware store 5 times before you figure out a contraption that will drive out the old TA bushings and push in the new ones. Then you'll strugle for an hour or two getting the rear subframe back up into place (waiting for the planets to align would take less time)

But at the end of the day, you did your rear end refresh. Do it!
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I always thought the timing belt/ water pump job was the official right of passage and I've done that.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X