PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Id pay $50k for an Evo 2 190e cozzy before i paid even 30k for a normal E30 M3. No matter what condition.
    fixed
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I don't know. If I had 100k I would have bough that m3 Evo up in Vancouver. Fuck that was such a gorgeous car.
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Id pay $100k for an Evo 2 190e cozzy before i paid even 30k for a normal E30 M3. No matter what condition.
        Ok, this is coming from a die hard E30 enthusiast...but newsflash guys: the E30 M3 is not worth all the hype it gets. Sure, they look fucking amazing, they handle well and are quick enough for what they are...but they are not worth the prices the market commands these days. Flame on, I do not care.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Ok, this is coming from a die hard E30 enthusiast...but newsflash guys: the E30 M3 is not worth all the hype it gets. Sure, they look fucking amazing, they handle well and are quick enough for what they are...but they are not worth the prices the market commands these days. Flame on, I do not care.
          Actually, they're worth exactly what the market commands these days. That's how worth is calculated. They're actually worth exactly what the market commands everyday.
          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
          2010 Buell XB9SX
          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

^I'd still sell most of my possessions for an M3. Priorities I guess. I'll nab one as soon as I can.
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
              Actually, they're worth exactly what the market commands these days. That's how worth is calculated. They're actually worth exactly what the market commands everyday.
              This.
              It's worth whatever people are willing to pay.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

People do have to pay for them though, I swear ive seen the same set of M3's for sale the past year, and they dont sell.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

People do have to pay for them though, I swear ive seen the same set of M3's for sale the past year, and they dont sell.
                  Who says that they're being priced to sell? The may be priced for some crazy with more money than sense to come along. And should that person come and buy it at a crazy price, he'll have paid exactly market price, to the penny.
                  Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                  2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                  2010 Buell XB9SX
                  2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                  1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                  1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                  1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                  2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                  2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                    ^I'd still sell most of my possessions for an M3. Priorities I guess. I'll nab one as soon as I can.
                    I love the e30M but I wouldn't sell everything for one... A GT3 RS on the otherhand...
                    Last edited by DER E30; 10-26-2015, 10:35 PM.
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      They're were at least two colors of cossies in the US. I've seen dark gray and beige. There's probably more.
                      The 2.3 16Vs came in a blue/black color and a smoke silver color that usually looks bronzit-ish. The 2.5s came in a few more colors, a true silver, a burgundy-ish color and I think one more. They never came to the US though

My brother has a dogleg euro 16v in the blauschwarz (I think thats what the germans call it). Its a fun car, but my 24v will destroy it in every way.

That being said, I still think both cars are awesome. The reason why the Benz doesnt get the same love that the M3 does is because the Benz is built off a 100% stock bodied 190 while the M3 has all its rare cool parts. That and the record it has from racing. Both cars feel similar driven at the limit, both love to rev and are fun RWD german cars from the 80s.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

But one has 4 doors for all the babez u rake in my friend.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

^the cozzy would have sold better if it was a coupe with wider fenders.

Someone argue with me about that. Fuck structural rigidity.
                          Hank Ahrens
                          1984 Alpine Coupe
                          1978 911sc

Comment

Can anyone put me in contact with travis816? I'd really appreciate it.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              Jon, sending a pm to you now. If the car can be had for a reasonable price and it's not a shit bucket, I'll toss you a finder's fee.
                              PM replied. No finders fee needed, just keep a lookout for some elips for me.
                              sigpic
                              Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

You got it. I can get new ones from Hella, but they're not cheap...probably not the route you want to go. Lol
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X