• Show
Clear All

i want a 190e cosworth
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      the guides arent BRAND NEW, for instance, the tensioning guide has about a half millimeter of wear - nothing to worry about though.

Im lost why this thing wont work, the chain is seriously like a cm too short, no way in hell it is gonna slip on.

just because your a tard but did you remove the chain tensioner
      Originally posted by bmwm42
      PNW vulture pm me for parts
      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

did not remove any chain tensioners, only unbolted the driver's side top one for head removal, and of course remove the tensioner.

when I prepared the block surface, I rotated the bottom end a little so the pistons weren't sitting above the deck - I lowered pistons 1 & 4 basically a cm or so. before lowering the head on I rotated it back to TDC and inserting the flywheel lock pin. I am thinking this may be the source of my problem... but I am not certain. its probably something stupid, I just ran out of time, got frutstrated and had to leave for work

Comment

Originally posted by dpmit94 View Post
          I almost bought some of those a while back... on account of where we live, how are they with wet feet?
          Looks like that's rubber set into them, should be fine unless you're wearing Vans or something.
          sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

did not remove any chain tensioners, only unbolted the driver's side top one for head removal, and of course remove the tensioner.

when I prepared the block surface, I rotated the bottom end a little so the pistons weren't sitting above the deck - I lowered pistons 1 & 4 basically a cm or so. before lowering the head on I rotated it back to TDC and inserting the flywheel lock pin. I am thinking this may be the source of my problem... but I am not certain. its probably something stupid, I just ran out of time, got frutstrated and had to leave for work

is the hydraulic chain tensioner on or off the engine
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

hydraulic tensioner is uninstalled.

looking at photos of the engine with all the timing covers off, it seems they only possible way that the chain is hung up is in the area near the oil pump - I am gonna shine a flashlight down in there and investigate tonight. FUN FUN FUN

Comment

the oil pump is driven by the crank you are in a bind with the crank or idler wheel
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

okay, so its an idler wheel, I feel dumb now (nothing new for me, right?)

being in a bind sounds right, any ideas how to rectify it Phil??

Comment

Originally posted by dpmit94 View Post
                    I almost bought some of those a while back... on account of where we live, how are they with wet feet?
                    Better than stock pedals by a lot.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      i want a 190e cosworth

Yes.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

^I got offered a beat to shit one as a trade for my e34.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

pour some oil on the chain....you probably fucked up rotating the engine without having someone making sure there was no slack in the chain... yank on it a bit see if you free it up.....if not move the crank a bit
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Does anyone know where to get black chrome kidneys? I saw a set on a car tonight and they looked hotttt
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

You should start your own thread....

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Situation report?
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X