PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Put rubber engine and trans mounts in. I bet you'll get rid of most of the problems you have.

My mounts are in wrong I finally figured out how they go I didn't realize the offset was front to rear and I have the whole motor sitting to far right because that's the only way I could make the mounts work.

Comment

Hi yall bye yall
      1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
      Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
      1967 2002 parts car
      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        He so badly wants to prove everyone wrong and "stomp" s50 swaps, and have the fastest m42 " in all of the land "

The only good thing good about an m42 car, IMHO is the trans does not get tipped during a swap. And linkage does not need to be bent.

Lots of guys on m42club who are legitimately building them. And not just listing cool parts. Spend 1000s and have minal gains. The m47 crank alone can run you 1000$ +

Even some of the supercharged cars over there, are only making 200 on paper
        Ive read many of the m42club threads. They are not getting minimal gains. heres a e36 with a 7k rev limit and 4.10 diff. It rips thru the gears pretty nicely and weighs about the same as my e30. His engine is developing 215hp (must be at the crank). Atleast I will genuinely know what I am talking about after this build. I have the RHD flywheel in the mail and am 2/3 of the way to ordering their ITBs.

Originally posted by m42club
        standard valves and dta s40 ecu, i don't know how to post pictures of the engine bay, https://youtu.be/4M7YZYHxtUA (this clip shows the engine bay but it was filmed early in the morning and had just been started so was still on cold start) its still on its dyno map as I'm looking into going 2500cc and it is expensive getting someone over to make a proper map, it has a 4.1 diff and the standard compact ti gearbox which seems to be holding up well as i gave it lots of abuse when i ran a 2.8 engine. it weighs 1115kg which is way too much

Comment

Toes pls. NA = no replacement for displacement.

M42 sucks because its low displacement, not because it cant breath enough air.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

How are we still on the m42 discussion! Haha anything new going on? Who brought what home! Haha
            F80 M3 Alpine
            E10 Fjord Blue 2002
            E28 Blackish 535i
            E21 Silver 320i
            Disco1 98 4.6
            ~~~~~~
            E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
            E30 325i SOLD
            E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
            E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
            sigpic

Comment

I got a new white box for taking pics

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I took the day off work and got the racecar looking like a complete car again..

Just have to get some paint on it, then address the front corner and it should be almost ready for the next Lucky Dog race.

Should be.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  Toes pls. NA = no replacement for displacement.

M42 sucks because its low displacement, not because it cant breath enough air.
                  Exactly, just buy my DASC and never look back...

Comment

Did a lot of shit today, and monday. Got the reservoirs for the masters mounted, got the remote bias adjuster cable attached and routed, Got the M60 and tranny back in the car, got the clutch plumbed up, and got the fuel rail, injectors, fuel lines, return line and pressure regulator lines all remounted....

It's getting closer, as long as the wiring doesn't kick me in the dick, I might be able to drive it to the picnic after all.....
                    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                      Toes stop dreaming.. This reminds me of a few years ago when you were doing an "imaginary" M50NV hi comp build. Live in reality with the rest of us and pick up a cheap M52 or V8

Let's discuss this high comp m50, I don't remember what configuration of parts makes this, but I do recall you can build a 2.825l with 11.25:1 compression with junkyard parts. Sounds fun to me if you can get it to run right. I really want build a 3.0 m50nv

Comment

You hipsters and your whole "I fuckin hate VANOS" bullshit...lol.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Anyone have some stock BMW airboxes I could use for test fitting? Looking for V8 (540/740), S54, etc. Anything cube-ish shaped would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                            Let's discuss this high comp m50, I don't remember what configuration of parts makes this, but I do recall you can build a 2.825l with 11.25:1 compression with junkyard parts. Sounds fun to me if you can get it to run right. I really want build a 3.0 m50nv
                            A 3.0L M50NV is just a S50 with the wrong head config

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            You hipsters and your whole "I fuckin hate VANOS" bullshit...lol.
                            Reminds me of the older old schoolers.. Carb 4 life! That fuel injection black magic is just too complex!

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                              A 3.0L M50NV is just a S50 with the wrong head config

Reminds me of the older old schoolers.. Carb 4 life! That fuel injection black magic is just too complex!
                              Truth on all ends. I refuse to work on carb'd motorcycles anymore.

And i hate seeing guys calling 3.0L M50s "poor man" S50's...this isn't Honda-Tech:hitler:
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

#318is #babyM3
                                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Working...
                                X