• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

So that he can have another project he will never finish.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        So that he can have another project he will never finish.
        I bet hes got it planned out all the way to the drag strip though.. M42 swap. NA 200hp

Comment

I need a work truck, its that simple. and I like this particular one

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            Hopefully buying a '63 Dodge D-300 flatbed tonight! Cant wait honestly, the americana of this thing is growing on me
            put an m42 in it
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

makes sense

Comment

I may have an opportunity to buy a E38 750i for like $300. Sounds like it's an ECU issue that's keeping it from running. It was on the road last in 2001. There is some Rust issues in the driver's door and the trunk lid. If you guys were in the same boat would you buy the car?
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                  I may have an opportunity to buy a E38 750i for like $300. Sounds like it's an ECU issue that's keeping it from running. It was on the road last in 2001. There is some Rust issues in the driver's door and the trunk lid. If you guys were in the same boat would you buy the car?
                  300 bucks sounds like you can't loose even if you have to part it out
                  -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                    I bet hes got it planned out all the way to the drag strip though.. M42 swap. NA 200hp
                    Lololololololololololololol
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                      I was under the impression that most e38s had that super crappy self leveling suspension... and if the car has been sitting for 15 years, it might be a huge PITA, and not worth anything but parting it out.

Comment

I worked on an e38, they have these reservoirs in the back that are a PITA to fill, when system is replaced, and bleeding them is fun...

Comment

Pass on it. They are at the auctions every other week and go for stupid cheap.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Got to love shops, had a friend on a road trip in Cali. His Nissan had some hesitation issues. So he went to a shop in Sacramento.

They replaced his flywheel. Exhaust and cat. And a bunch of other expensive shit...car stuff has the hesitation issue.

I just helped him change plugs and wires. Issue is resolved. There should be a basic automotive class required to reach adult hood.

He shelled out like 4500$

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              Got to love shops, had a friend on a road trip in Cali. His Nissan had some hesitation issues. So he went to a shop in Sacramento.

They replaced his flywheel. Exhaust and cat. And a bunch of other expensive shit...car stuff has the hesitation issue.

I just helped him change plugs and wires. Issue is resolved. There should be a basic automotive class required to reach adult hood.

He shelled out like 4500$
                              My buddy had a similar issue, his Chevy v8 had a bad misfire on the left bank, CEL was flashing constantly and it had nothing past 4k rpm, like wouldn't spin up at all. He left it at a shop for like a week and they couldn't figure it out. He took it back and we did the plugs and wire and bunch of easy stuff like clean the MAF and TB, pull the o2 plugs and switch etc etc.

Eventually I asked him if it could be the cat, he removed the cat and it ran fabulously again Poor engine fouled plugs and wouldn't run because it couldn't breath
                              -Christian

Comment

but they tell me, you own a bmw, isnt it expensive, I told him i dont have the bs issues you do, and dont use a shop...

Comment

Working...
                                X