Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
    Curious about x3 purchase
    Just a new (to me) daily to replace the SAAB story..

It's an '04 2.5. Had 139K, which for these is low mileage. They'll go 200K+, after all, it's really just an E46 with a M54 in a bigger box.

So with that, my entire fleet is German! :)
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      Not to mention license plate scanners are becoming more and more popular. A camera inside the cop car, looks at your plate, checks for registration (insurance?) and if it's stolen.

Ya mostly only state patrol have those, and they're still really expensive. Only really found in supervisors cars still.
      F80 M3 Alpine
      E10 Fjord Blue 2002
      E28 Blackish 535i
      E21 Silver 320i
      Disco1 98 4.6
      ~~~~~~
      E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
      E30 325i SOLD
      E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
      E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        Just a new (to me) daily to replace the SAAB story..

It's an '04 2.5. Had 139K, which for these is low mileage. They'll go 200K+, after all, it's really just an E46 with a M54 in a bigger box.

So with that, my entire fleet is German! :)
        Love those x3's! Great daily IMO! What do those run nowadays
        F80 M3 Alpine
        E10 Fjord Blue 2002
        E28 Blackish 535i
        E21 Silver 320i
        Disco1 98 4.6
        ~~~~~~
        E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
        E30 325i SOLD
        E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
        E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
        sigpic

Comment

Some lady backed into my hood. Where in Vancouver, or PDX do you guys get paint done.

I'm leaning toward Leifs.
          Jk.

Where have you guys personally gone. Paint work needs to be pristine
          Last edited by Matt-B; 11-24-2016, 12:06 AM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Active is the only place I could recommend anymore. All these nice, independently owned shops are getting bought out by chains, so none of the places that seemed decent before are worth trying now.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving R3V'ers. Hope everyone has a safe and fun turkey day.
              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoying family but with this hankering to finish brake lines part of project.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to those on here!

N54 swap is back in progress, I ordered a trans brace among other items, and I'll be looking for someone who is able to weld proficiently in order to make some basics mounts, and a jig.. It's either that, or I "just" learn to weld, and grab my own welding rig..

Comment

I Agree with Austin, try some of the independent shops. There is two that I can recommend that I race with in Conference, I'll have to get you their contact info when I get back in town.

Though, for the race car and small stuff, I do it myself. If you can get color loaded to match the existing color, and are good with your prep, you can do a decent job in your garage. There's a series on YouTube I follow (I think it's called the Refinishing Network) that will give you great tips and how-to's. If you do decide to try it yourself and rattle can, make sure you spring for the good 2K clear coat. It's expensive and has a short pot life, but it's about as close to pro results you are going to get without a spray booth..
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      Some lady backed into my hood. Where in Vancouver, or PDX do you guys get paint done.

I'm leaning toward Leifs.
                      Jk.

Where have you guys personally gone. Paint work needs to be pristine
                      Lol how many time have people hit your cars now? I feel like its at least six.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Anybody have a spare switch that turns the dome lights on when you open the door? Dome light switch?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

I should ... Bradley might as well.
                          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Active is the only place I could recommend anymore. All these nice, independently owned shops are getting bought out by chains, so none of the places that seemed decent before are worth trying now.
                            Active does great work. They do all the work for us at the dealership, but from what I heard from Rich is that they are backed up pretty good until at least January.
                            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                            '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                            '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
                              Anybody have a spare switch that turns the dome lights on when you open the door? Dome light switch?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              I'll go look
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

There like 5$ new, i got all new a few years agom trunk and doors

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X