No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know what times its capable of but its not even a fair comparison to a professionally prepared racecar.

Comment

Hmm almost as if your dumb idea that it's the "most advanced engine offered in the e30" is meaningless

i wonder why they didn't base pro3 off using m42s instead of old stupid engines hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        Hmm almost as if your dumb idea that it's the "most advanced engine offered in the e30" is meaningless

i wonder why they didn't base pro3 off using m42s instead of old stupid engines hmmm

Well said.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          I dont know what times its capable of but its not even a fair comparison to a professionally prepared racecar.
          Or any 6cyl car from what ive heard...
          sigpic
          Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

My iPhone is more advanced than an m20 but it didn't make my car any faster when I attempted to swap it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
              Thanks for the prompt response Matt, I appreciate your insight regarding the title, makes sense.

But I don't quote understand why you say the 318is is the best to swap into, only ~2% of e30s were the M42 and they are very fun to push to their limits, 16v as well and much more modern than m20. Do you think a swap and the extra weight that come with it will compromise handling significantly?

Simple.

Car has shadowline, black headliner, same suspension as 325i, you can use trans, trans brace etc, so no tilted trans, you can use the radiator, comes with 4.10LSD in almost all of them, from what I see.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

m42 is the shit. lighten the car up and get a chip. the sssquid chip in my car made all the difference... if it is a rebuilt title just gut it haha :) youre gonna have a car that is faster than a m20b25, handles better, and gets better mpgs. Oh and no timing belt, more modern fuel injection/ignition and did I mention the better handling?

Because we want another 5 toes....

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  Because we want another 5 toes....

Fuckin rekt
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

glad Im leaving this weekend, I need a break. Celebrating my birthday tomorrow in Chicago and DJing. Couldnt ask for a better vacation, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                      Hey guys, I really need to hear some opinions. I have a 318is in pretty decent condition but a rebuilt title and some cosmetic issues. The car has always seemed a little low on power, especially in low rpms. I also have a M52 block and f transmission...

Should I go ahead and swap it? I feel confident I could get the swap done nicely and cheaply but I am also aware 318is's are rising in value and could be worth a decent sum, especially in my area, and I wouldn't want to tear apart a running car if it is desirable and rare. Or does the title kill this?

What do you all think I should do? Will the M52 ruin the balance of the car? Do any of you regret swapping out your M42?
                      Slap a turbo on it and drive the crap out of it till the M42 pops, then put in the M52 :)
                      sigpic
                      Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                      88 Alpine 325i
                      1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Poor old M42- never got much development, never got a real engine management system,
                        no Vanos, no chicks, nothin'.

Kind of like it was the development mule for the M50, which then grew up and 'ventually
                        started making real power...

I like them, too, but I'd never claim they were so hot. Wish the S42 had hung around
                        long enough for more than 10 of them to be built.
                        Maybe a supercharger off a 3.8l Buick...

ah, screw it, just stick an M54 in there!

heh

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Anyone have any experiance with the koni str shocks? They seem to be a like a koni sa on the soft setting and no adjuster...

Sent from a payphone on the moon.
                          sigpic
                          Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

I looked at them long ago when they first came out, and yes, that was about the impression I got. Saw a few people run them in Miata's and other cars non-E30's. Nobody seemed really impressed with them.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

glad Im leaving this weekend, I need a break. Celebrating my birthday tomorrow in Chicago and DJing. Couldnt ask for a better vacation, really.
                              we are the ones getting the vacation lol
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Anybody ever used Portland Powder Coating?
                                Derek-

Comment

Working...
                                X