No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol told you! glad it went to a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
      Well then, i just watched the zinno car drive off into the night.
      Congrats on the sale! Im sure its sad to see her go...
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
        Well then, i just watched the zinno car drive off into the night.
        Sold for even more than i had it posted for too. Guess i should have asked for more. Lol.

Oh well, its going to a good home and will be looked after by a fellow r3v member in idaho.
        Take care of her Jacob. [emoji106]
        Better that you've got that lifted Alpine now. Did you ever identify that cam you're running?

Comment

Originally posted by MortyCrock View Post
          Better that you've got that lifted Alpine now. Did you ever identify that cam you're running?
          Well, she wont be lifted for long. Lol.
          I have a full set of H&R sports and bilsteins on order as well as a full suspension refresh so im the next month or two it will be getting prettier.
          As for the cam, im fairly certain its a 288. Not positive but im like 90% sure.
          sigpic
          Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Hey guys, I really need to hear some opinions. I have a 318is in pretty decent condition but a rebuilt title and some cosmetic issues. The car has always seemed a little low on power, especially in low rpms. I also have a M52 block and f transmission...

Should I go ahead and swap it? I feel confident I could get the swap done nicely and cheaply but I am also aware 318is's are rising in value and could be worth a decent sum, especially in my area, and I wouldn't want to tear apart a running car if it is desirable and rare. Or does the title kill this?

What do you all think I should do? Will the M52 ruin the balance of the car? Do any of you regret swapping out your M42?

Comment

the 318is is the best car to do a swap on hands down.

When i scroll craigslist, if i see bad title, i dont even bother with the ad, and i think others do the same

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                the 318is is the best car to do a swap on hands down.

When i scroll craigslist, if i see bad title, i dont even bother with the ad, and i think others do the same
                Thanks for the prompt response Matt, I appreciate your insight regarding the title, makes sense.

But I don't quote understand why you say the 318is is the best to swap into, only ~2% of e30s were the M42 and they are very fun to push to their limits, 16v as well and much more modern than m20. Do you think a swap and the extra weight that come with it will compromise handling significantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                  Hey guys, I really need to hear some opinions. I have a 318is in pretty decent condition but a rebuilt title and some cosmetic issues. The car has always seemed a little low on power, especially in low rpms. I also have a M52 block and f transmission...

Should I go ahead and swap it? I feel confident I could get the swap done nicely and cheaply but I am also aware 318is's are rising in value and could be worth a decent sum, especially in my area, and I wouldn't want to tear apart a running car if it is desirable and rare. Or does the title kill this?

What do you all think I should do? Will the M52 ruin the balance of the car? Do any of you regret swapping out your M42?
                  Swap that boat anchor out and go have some fun. 24v is amazing in an E30.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

m42 is the shit. lighten the car up and get a chip. the sssquid chip in my car made all the difference... if it is a rebuilt title just gut it haha :) youre gonna have a car that is faster than a m20b25, handles better, and gets better mpgs. Oh and no timing belt, more modern fuel injection/ignition and did I mention the better handling?

Comment

omfg don't revive the m42 shit
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

TBH Im psure the 1.3L in my Samurai has more potential then an M42.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

When your m42 head comes back from the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

^ woah look at that! A head that flows better than any m20 factory head ever but is kind of prone to cracking LOL. I just think it is SO FUNNY that people knock the most technologically advanced engine BMW ever installed in the E3 for the masses.

Will, fight me

Comment

always seemed a little low on power, especially in low rpms.
                              ...because you're not really supposed to let it drop below 3200 anyway.

I'd say do whatever makes you happy!

M54 for me, I think. Because aluminum blocks are... lighter? And you can get
                              a 3l one for not much money...

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                m42 is the shit. lighten the car up and get a chip. the sssquid chip in my car made all the difference... if it is a rebuilt title just gut it haha :) youre gonna have a car that is faster than a m20b25, handles better, and gets better mpgs. Oh and no timing belt, more modern fuel injection/ignition and did I mention the better handling?
                                hey what kind of laptimes does your m42 powered car put down at PIR?

and lets ask djjerme what kind of laptimes a pro3 car puts down

Comment

Working...
                                X