No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like my problem I mentioned earlier, obviously you don't have a ripped intake boot, but maybe a vacuum leak somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
      Sounds like my problem I mentioned earlier, obviously you don't have a ripped intake boot, but maybe a vacuum leak somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      speaking of intake boots, come get yours!!!
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Aaron, the small amount of fuel in the tank is easy to correct. Put more in there and just get that unknown dealt with. You never know!
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
          Good call, I will double check all my connections to be sure!

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Aaron, the small amount of fuel in the tank is easy to correct. Put more in there and just get that unknown dealt with. You never know!
          Yep, I'm going to splash a few gallons in there and see what difference it makes, if any.

One thing I should note - the Henna car had the old-style 2-fuel pump system, the donor body has the newer style single in-tank pump. Is there anything that I needed to account for with this change? Difference in fuel pressure, etc?
          '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

^Damn good question. I don't think there is, but i've also never went from one to the other or vice versa.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Yes there is a difference.

I prefer the two pump setup personally, but that is what I have in racecar, and I never had the dreaded 1/4 tank starvation issues at Pacific. It was only until I was truly close to empty that it would starve.

As for the M3, the stock is 3 bar, but if you pinch the vacuum hose, it should pull up to 5 bar. I am not sure what the single pump is delivering..

It's the M3 DME, so it could be trying to turn on the low pressure pump before the high pressure is turned on. So if it's only got a single High Pressure pump, the DME may not be turning it on immediately, and is waiting a specific amount of timeout before it turns the single pump on.

I have no clue if this is at all accurate, still mulling it over in my head what could be different.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Change to a Walbro and see if that resolves your issue. I bet it will.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Yes there is a difference.

I prefer the two pump setup personally, but that is what I have in racecar, and I never had the dreaded 1/4 tank starvation issues at Pacific. It was only until I was truly close to empty that it would starve.

As for the M3, the stock is 3 bar, but if you pinch the vacuum hose, it should pull up to 5 bar. I am not sure what the single pump is delivering..

It's the M3 DME, so it could be trying to turn on the low pressure pump before the high pressure is turned on. So if it's only got a single High Pressure pump, the DME may not be turning it on immediately, and is waiting a specific amount of timeout before it turns the single pump on.

I have no clue if this is at all accurate, still mulling it over in my head what could be different.
                  Thanks for the food for thought. I'm going to ask around on S14 to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. Appreciate it guys!
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Beautiful M3 IronJoe!

Thank you all for your insight into a m52 swap, I think I'm going to go for it.

On a side note, if anyone in the Seattle area is looking for parts I have a couple available:
                    E36 Air conditioning compressors x2.
                    E30 Original authentic great condition euro kidneys.
                    E30 Tan non-sport front seats, on small seam splitting on driver side, good condition, supple, minor smudges easy to clean off.
                    E30 Tan 4-door back seat, very nice.
                    Aftermarket Sony radio, will fit in E30.
                    E30 North American grills, one is a bit faded and the other set look very good.

Shameless plug: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/6018589063.html

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                      Thanks for the food for thought. I'm going to ask around on S14 to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. Appreciate it guys!
                      I have also read there is a one way check valve in the pump for single pump systems to keep fuel at the rail when the car is turned off. Late models had this built into the fuel pump (single pump system) while the early models didn't have it (allegedly from internet posts). There was a kit from bmw that let you add it in line. I was having the same issues on the vert when I had it, but ruled out after finding the fuel pump had been replaced. Part number for the bmw check valve is 16-14-9-068-988 (constant pressure valve).
                      - Greg
                      α Team Founding Member
                      1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                      2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Any of you cats have experience with a Clutch Masters clutch kit, or a ClutchNet clutch kit?

Comment

do ppl not delete spam anymore, every sub forum has it...ironically after panjo it exploded

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

No joke. What happened to site maitenence?

Sent from a payphone on the moon.
                            sigpic
                            Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Guess it doesn't get maintained...

Been driving my MK2 VR car all day. Goddamn, that car makes beautiful noises.

Comment

I love the VR6 sound!! I saw a picture of it on IG, not a bad looking MK2, Austin! I love the wheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X