No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I show a Vemo as the OEM supplier (99% of the time, Vemo parts are an OE sensor with the BMW roundel shaved off and rebranded), but a Bosch would be just fine.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      No. kidding.

It's a frickin' jungle out there now, people are just getting angry about everything. If you pass someone, they take it personal now, and feel it their need to "teach you a lesson." Too many people think they are citizen cops - and know the laws.

Though, I do have to admit, if I see anything but a PNW license plate, the red mist starts to descend.. Bonus points are accrued if it's from Texas.
      Ugh, Texas drivers. Lived there for a year and there is this thing they do where they drive way below the speed limit and when you go to pass them (even on 4+ lane highways) they take it as a personal attack and speed up and begin to perform very aggressive hand gestures.

And as you said, its gotten to a point where everyone takes it personal when you pass them. Everyone has an ego just because they exist.

Comment

Sounds like Oregon drivers, speed up to pass them and they match your speed until next to a semi, then drop down to match the speed of the semi, blocking you in.
        I drive down to Cali on I-5 multiple times a year, the worst part of that drive is central and southern Oregon.
        m106 1990 e30
        e36 daily
        e32 cruiser

Comment

Did you remove or unplug anything from the engine after the accident besides the cooling system?

You can also test your CPS first, but it still may being hiding an issue:
          http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/i...Sensor#Testing

I've had some random stuff happen with me and relays. Could try swapping the two 4 prong relays and see if it starts - should be a fuel pump and O2 sensor relay. The car should be able to start without the O2 relay.

Like was mentioned, check fuel pressure too. And if you unplugged the fuel rail, just make sure you got fuel going in the right direction.

Also, there are some quick resistance tests you can do on the temperature sensors. I'm not 100% sure on the m20, but I believe the engine will turn over, but not run if the computer is not getting a temperature signal. Should be two temp sensors a 1-prong (w/ a 2 prong connector) and a 2-prong or 3-prong. If you have the two 2-prong connectors they could have gotten swapped at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
            Is it worth going oem for the $100+ price tag or is bosch good?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bosch is fine.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
              Sounds like Oregon drivers, speed up to pass them and they match your speed until next to a semi, then drop down to match the speed of the semi, blocking you in.
              I drive down to Cali on I-5 multiple times a year, the worst part of that drive is central and southern Oregon.
              Okay, you guys are asking for it (my rant)!

My favorite is the driver that just merged on to the hwy and decides they need to be all the way over in the 3rd/passing lane and then just sits there going slower than both the outside lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post

My favorite is the driver that just merged on to the hwy and decides they need to be all the way over in the 3rd/passing lane and then just sits there going slower than both the outside lanes.
                That's the typical Washington driver and every prius driver!
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                  between the low speed limit and tickets that can't be fought I have given up on speeding AT ALL in oregon, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    between the low speed limit and tickets that can't be fought I have given up on speeding AT ALL in oregon, ever.

I can't drive the speed limit, I'm
                    Comfortable at about 80-90 on the freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My favorite drivers are the ones that try to race when you pass. I got myself a good ticket for trying to pass someone then they sped up so i was racing them when they were going 40mph before i tried to pass then i got clocked at 90 passing him

Comment

85mph with a 3.25 diff feels so perfect :) just saying lol

Comment

You are all spoiled, Id be happy to get 60 in the samurai on a down hill.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
                            My favorite drivers are the ones that try to race when you pass. I got myself a good ticket for trying to pass someone then they sped up so i was racing them when they were going 40mph before i tried to pass then i got clocked at 90 passing him

Um you are supposed to pass quickly, makes it safer? Why would you get a ticket for this?

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post

Oh gawd, this!!!

It boggles my mind. And especially when I am in the center lane there is no body in front of them. It's that "I'm obeying the law and everyone else should be too."

I put it in the same category as the kid in school who would hold his finger 2 inches from your face and kept saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you..."
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Almost everyone on the roads suck. A to B drivers in they're A to B cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X