Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Done with e30s?
    havent had one for years now...i kept holding to certian things in case the urge prevailed and i purchased another. im just sticking to the e39s and maybe an e90 or f10 and joing the f.i. world. by the time you find a good clean e30 drop in a 24v engine turbo and tune it etc im already 15k in minimum ...might aswell get a modern e30. e30s just became to expensive. they will always have a sweet spot in me heart but yes ginger im done with them.
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

phil youre still my r3v homie

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        phil youre still my r3v homie
        hoes dont get gay on me now lol
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
          havent had one for years now...i kept holding to certian things in case the urge prevailed and i purchased another. im just sticking to the e39s and maybe an e90 or f10 and joing the f.i. world. by the time you find a good clean e30 drop in a 24v engine turbo and tune it etc im already 15k in minimum ...might aswell get a modern e30. e30s just became to expensive. they will always have a sweet spot in me heart but yes ginger im done with them.
          I hear ya. I've been looking at getting back into an e90 or e91. I wish they brought the n54 e91 to NA, but you can get the other N54 cars for stupid cheap now. OR you can get the e91 335d in an AT, get one of the tunes from Europe, and you are set. Also been looking at the e61 MT n54, but they only came with 4wd to NA.

Comment

335d's are terrible ownership experiences

seems like they would be pretty fun to drive for a diesel but i'd never own one

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

please explain, Kris...

As of lately, the 335d has seemed so appealing to own...especially in a touring variant
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Yeah, I looked into them as well and came to the same conclusion. For a daily driver I'd take the N52 all day.
                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                  please explain, Kris...

As of lately, the 335d has seemed so appealing to own...especially in a touring variant
                  i've read too many horror stories, from parts availability to issues under warranty that were difficult to get dealerships to solve.

after the TDI debacle i'm 100% done with diesel forever

they never sold 335d touring here unfortunately

Comment

i've read too many horror stories, from parts availability to issues under warranty that were difficult to get dealerships to solve.

after the TDI debacle i'm 100% done with diesel forever

they never sold 335d touring here unfortunately
                    Gotcha, thanks for the insight!

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                    Yeah, I looked into them as well and came to the same conclusion. For a daily driver I'd take the N52 all day.
                    Yeah man, the N52 is amazing. The Touring has proven to be an amazing rig
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

the TDI debacle
                      You mean the lying sack of Volksvagen, or something else?

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Finally fixed my broken 13button obc tonight. It took the light bar from an old broken one and the entire screen assembly from another one to get a good working unit. Then, after I was halfway through reinstalling it, I realized I forgot to swap in the old code plug.
                        Doh!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
                        sigpic
                        Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                          You mean the lying sack of Volksvagen, or something else?

t
                          yeah, it was annoying but since we didnt put too many miles on the car the settlement money was really good. only spent $80/mo to own it for 3.5 years, didn't do a single bit of maintenance other than wipers and washer fluid.

Comment

I'm wondering 10 or 20 years down the road if VW diesels from that window are going to be sought after collectables since most have been crushed...
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

they're not crushing them

Comment

yeah, it was annoying but since we didnt put too many miles on the car the settlement money was really good. only spent $80/mo to own it for 3.5 years, didn't do a single bit of maintenance other than wipers and washer fluid.
                                I was pretty livid at the time. I listed my 2010 Cup Edition three weeks before the scandal hit - as soon as it happened all my leads dried up. Ended up having to continue paying monthly payments on it as the value continued to decline. Eventually sold it at a loss.

Much later I did get some of the restitution money from the settlement as a "eligible seller". I would have made far more if I could have held onto it but there was no way I was going to make a year's worth of payments on a car I didn't even want to drive (my twenty year old e36 m3 is a much better daily driver).

That was my first and last german rental car *I mean* watercooled VW.
                                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Working...
                                X