PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
    How can I revive my diamant schwarz paint a little? It's getting pretty gray and I'm wondering what I can do short of a respray.

Will clay barring it help? The clear coat is still very good and I thought maybe clay barring only works on single layer paint...
    Think of clay as a cleaner that removes contaminants before you polish/wax. It is not a reviver. Depending on paint/clear thickness you would correct the paint then seal it (wax). This should take care of it but without seeing pictures, I cant be certain. It sounds like your clear coat is going/paint may be fading if the paint is turning gray. Care to post some pictures?
    - Greg
    α Team Founding Member
    1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
    2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

PNW Chit Chat thread

^^^

You made need to spend some time polishing the paint. I've been spending a lot of time on the detailing threads here and some of the other forums trying to learn how to make my sh*t shine.. You really need a cart full of stuff to get the pro results - or pay someone else to do it..

I spent the other night cleaning and protecting the Alpina spoiler, and that took a couple hours. But it looks amazing now

Last edited by djjerme; 05-12-2017, 07:44 AM.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Gregolas View Post
        Think of clay as a cleaner that removes contaminants before you polish/wax. It is not a reviver. Depending on paint/clear thickness you would correct the paint then seal it (wax). This should take care of it but without seeing pictures, I cant be certain. It sounds like your clear coat is going/paint may be fading if the paint is turning gray. Care to post some pictures?

Maybe we need to host another detail day.
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
          Maybe we need to host another detail day.

I got ideas....
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Anyone know of any good condition 2dr cardinal door cards for sale?
            Looking to break up the total black inside the car...
            sigpic
            Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregolas View Post
              Thank you and every one else so much for all the input!

Detailing sounds pretty involved but the results are worth it to me. I'll continue to search the forum but any quality resources anyone recommends would be greatly appreciated.

After I repainted my front end you can clearly see the divide in paint vibrancy between the fender and the door, ideally I'd like the entire car to look like the fender:

I'd be happy to take more detailed (hehe) photos when I'm home...

Would this kit show results or do I need something more complex?

IronJoe if you ever put together or know of a clinic let me know! And also diamantschwarz isn't all that silver/gray when well taken care of, consider it for the vert repaint :D

Comment

clay bar is a good thing to have in general and the mother's one is fine. it's a good paint maintenance thing to do once or twice a year before you wax/seal.

however unless you want to detail all the time, you really are better off just spending 300-400 bucks to have a professional do their magic on the paint.

buying your own buffer, pads and all the supplies you would need can easily hit 400 bucks and then you have to do all the work and hopefully not fuck it up (its easy to go overboard with a buffer). however you would be able to use those supplies and the buffer to do a few cars before you restock on supplies.

Comment

If you are interested in having it professionally done, I have a guy that does amazing work. He recently matched a porsche that had the front end resprayed similar to yours. I believe he charges $350 for a complete exterior detail. Located in Kirkland.
                  m106 1990 e30
                  e36 daily
                  e32 cruiser

Comment

Genuine BMW Adapter Wire Updated Position Sensor InStock Ships Today! $124.44. Call (310)626-8765. May Qualify For FREE SHIPPING. Parts# 12 51 4 592 703 12-51-4-592-703 12.51.4.592.703 12514592703. Z3, M3, 528i, 328is, 328i, 323is, 323i.

Pretty sure this is what I need.

[QUOTE=pandaboo911;4780890]Are you sure you have the right plug? Are you trying to use the cps on the harmonic balancer? That won't work with obd2. The obd2 cps is mounted on the block under the intake

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                      Anyone know of any good condition 2dr cardinal door cards for sale?
                      Looking to break up the total black inside the car...

Maaaaaybe..

IM me.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Maaaaaybe..

IM me.
                        No Im me, and your you

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Maaaaaybe..

IM me.
                          Who the fuck says "IM" still? Lololol
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              Who the fuck says "IM" still? Lololol
                              We've already established I'm old as sh*t I think.

Get off my damn lawn with your Twittlebaiting.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

We've already established I'm old as sh*t I think.

Get off my damn lawn with your Twittlebaiting.
                                I don't care what you call it, just be consistent :P
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X