PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    Get the transmission jack. I have the harbor freight one. I've done a few transmission jobs without it, and two with it, absolutely worth it's weight. I replaced the clutch in my X5 solo with just the jack, didn't even break a sweat.
    Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    just like Josh I have done clutch jobs with and without it. GET IT
    Thanks Josh & Toes for the recommendations on the trans jack, worked great. I actually was able to get the tranny back in solo.

Just a few more loose ends and I get to drive this puppy. Also plasti dipped my wheels Bronze. Turned out better than expected for $40.

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    got BBS RK 15s last night - so lightweight. screw them Racing Dynamics 15's I was refinishing lol
    Nice, RK I or RK II? I always loved the two piece RK II that were available on the 9-5 Aero.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Some waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles stole my wheels last night
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post

HUH?! I assume they were still on the car? Did they just leave the car on jack stands or some sh*t?
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          HUH?! I assume they were still on the car? Did they just leave the car on jack stands or some sh*t?
          Yup. They dropped my car on two chunks of cement and fucked up my rockers. They also managed to bend the shit out of by front wheel bearing, and take just one of my studs. Also cracked my oil pan further.
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

they are RK009 wheels. 15x7 et35 14lbs each. gonna run em with 20mm adapters for summer. boom done. I traded my RK 17s for them straight across lol

hank that sucks so much but we already been talking

Comment

What did you have on your car? I'll keep an eye out on OfferUp and CL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

This guy should look familiar to a lot of us:

Comment

They're just satin black 15x8 trm c1 with 225/50r15 kuhmo ecsta ast.
                  Hank Ahrens
                  1984 Alpine Coupe
                  1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    The motor is from an '88 325is and the car is an '86 325e. I cannot remember what cooling system he used. I would assume he used everything that came from the donor '88, but this is Seth, so it could be any possible hodge podge setup...

I used the early system because I did not have a late model radiator and money was tight at the time of the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wtf, who does this shit...

Sucks that they messed up your bearings as well, adding injury to, well, injury I guess.

A guy in north seattle is clearing out his garage this weekend and I know he has a lot of wheel bearings and M42 stuff.

If you need some wheels to roll around on you can use my snows, let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
                        If you need some wheels to roll around on you can use my snows, let me know...
                        I would really, really, really appreciate this
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

I would really, really, really appreciate this
                          I have 3 decent bottle caps, the tires are shit. If you get desperate, you can have them.
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Anyone inquire about this car already or know anything about the seller?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=406362

I'd kind of expect to see a little more interest in the car.

Comment

Low post count and an undesirable power train package. Meh
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

a lot of people are trying to get rich quick by buying cheap wagons, for 1000$, spend a few grand importing them, and charging 8, 9, 10, even 15k i see.

I have a buddy who lives in bavaria, and said it like 4-5 disappear each week, and a few he called on " oh someone is usa bought it sorry"

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X