Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
    Agreed, 10/10, would support.

You're right, kids do dumb shit, and we all have done dumb shit. But their is a difference between just dumb shit, and this. This shit is not excusable. Especially with all the fires that are already going on, and all the advertising that shit is as dry as it is. These little fucks knew what they were doing, I don't care what kind of excuses they try to pass off, They knew.

This is part of the problem we have now. People have this attitude that "they are kids, lets go easy on them." Then these little twerps expect to get off the hook, their peers see them getting off the hook, and before we know it, getting off the hook is the norm. And a slap on the wrist is normal. Then when REAL punishment is handed down, it's viewed as harsh.

I'm sorry, These little shits deserve to fry, they deserve to be made examples of, and they deserve more severe punishment than they will actually get. Literally millions of dollars and Hundreds of thousands of man hours and resources are being used to resolve their stupid actions. They are all 15 and older. If they were younger, like around 10, then I could understand how they couldn't have a grasp on what could happen. But at that point, with that age then the parents come into play. This is not the case, they are plenty old enough to know better. They are old enough to know that a firework that explodes can cause fires, and that we are extremely dry this year. And that there is a mess of wildland fires already burning that were caused by far less than fireworks. If they didn't realize all this, Then I question their ability to become a functioning adult.
    Word to this. We are raising a society of complete pussies who cannot take responsibility for their actions or themselves in general.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I noticed people from the city tend to want to teach the boy a lesson and make him dig a few holes. 3 people lost their house, so go dig a few holes

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        I noticed people from the city tend to want to teach the boy a lesson and make him dig a few holes. 3 people lost their house, so go dig a few holes
        I'm not from the city, I cut firewood for e30 parts in high school and my first year of college lol. You don't even know where Naches is. Fires happen, the forest service has fucked us all by suppressing them the past nine decades. Shit like this is going to happen more and more. Just an environmental science and land management major speaking.
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
          I'm not from the city, I cut firewood for e30 parts in high school and my first year of college lol. You don't even know where Naches is. Fires happen, the forest service has fucked us all by suppressing them the past nine decades. Shit like this is going to happen more and more. Just an environmental science and land management major speaking.
          i drove through naches a few times when both of the gorge highways were closed for slides and 26 and 30 were blocked, and took the long way around, i got the sense when i drove through, that it was a town that goes easy on kids that start forest fires

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

So i propose a total ban from the PNW, 20,000 hours of community service planting trees in forests, and 7.5 years in a Oregon state penitentiary
            You're a lot more harsh than I expected from someone whom themselves have had "issues" when they were younger.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Im not harsh, im less tolerant

i also didnt light the forest on fire
              Last edited by Matt-B; 09-09-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

The maturity level of some people never fails to amase me.
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                  Fires do happen, and the Forest service has fucked up bad. I'm not going to deny that. But the fact is this little shit's actions Started this fire. It didn't contribute to the fire, it wasn't a innocent mistake that had a 1/1000000 chance of causing this, it IS what started this, and he should be severely punished. In my eyes, lighting off the fireworks, was the same as actually going out there, and starting the fire with an open flame.

Some of you don't know this, but I am a Firefighter, and I hold a Redcard, Which means I am Qualified for wildland and brush fire fighting. I generally don't deploy to fight the wildfires, and I cover down back at our station. I have been out on big local fires over the years. And Currently I have 2 crews mobilized with a strike team in Oregon. When I hear people saying that they want to "Hand the kid a shovel and send him out to fight the fires" It pisses me off. This is not a punishment, This is something that a lot of my colleagues take a ton of pride in. It's not something that you just hand someone a shovel, it takes a lot of training, certification, and pride. It's not just hard labor, and Frankly, I wouldn't want this little shit on my fireline. He needs to be fined, He needs to spend some time is a Cell, and he needs to have a huge amount of community service. and Honestly, Even how ridiculous as it sounds, I could support a Ban on living in the PNW also.

IF the judicial system does go easy on it, As I expect them to, I hope that the people who have lost homes, and other property sue the crap out of him. I'm sorry, he deserves it. I know we were all kids, and we all did dumb things. But even I knew, at a young age, that fireworks and dry conditions is detrimental. This is not the kid to let off with a slap on the wrist. Make an example of him, and throw the whole library at him.
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I'm sure these kids had no idea the fire would get as far as it did, I was a 10 minute walk away from where this fire started, no one in my general vicinity had any clue it would get so out of control, I waited till the last minute to pack up camp.

Who hasn't started a fire as a kid. I know i did.

It sucks that it got so out of control, it probably would have happened one way or another, there was already a growing fire happening not to far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post

Who hasn't started a fire as a kid. I know i did.

I didn't.

true story
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        I didn't.

true story
                        Yea... same

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                          I didn't.

true story

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                            x2

sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                            x3
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

x4 i suppose

Comment

x5

never started fires that didn't have a use, like campfires.
                                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                                X