Is aluminum pipe thickness similar to a stainless pipe? Or ️would stainless be thinner wall?
Edit:
I'd imagine most of the ️Savings would be in the resonators, muffler and headers themselves, not the actual pipes
PNW Chit Chat thread
Collapse
X
-
Sounds like about 30 pounds based on Adam's post, using stock headers. Probably less if you go k24 and find a light pair of headers.Last edited by Metallated; 12-07-2018, 11:54 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Overall this car has lost most of the weight I can easily remove. It will have a riveted sunroof panel, it's completely stripped aside from the dash, no insulation to be found, I have a pc680 in the rear, no power steering. and a manual brake box. Transmission is a g260, further bringing the weight down. For now, the m52 swap will be a place saver until the k24 swap details are hammered out.
I'll be ordering a set of konig dekagram, 12.3 lbs in 15x8 so I should be good there. I'll still have my mtechnicas for all the stanz when I want it.
Anyone have an idea of how much the weight difference would be between Al and stainless? If durability isn't an issue running poly mounts, then it's pretty much settled.Leave a comment:
-
Not trying to start any arguments. Just saying it can be done, and with proper prior planning, longevity shouldn’t be an issue. Merits of where you save weight can be left up to everyone else.
Have a great dayLeave a comment:
-
I can vouch for this thing. Adam's work is beyond amazing.
Hank, get in touch with Adam. He can build you what you need.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: