No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you just make a wood box out of 1x1s and plywood and use those expanding foam packets inside it will be fine. Then you can ship it with anyone, freight shippers, etc.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

oh man, I wonder which of these I can get the seller do lol
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I had one shipped in one of those plastic tubs from costco, taped the openings of the diff and filled the tub with expanding foam, ziptied the lid closed.
        m106 1990 e30
        e36 daily
        e32 cruiser

Comment

Does anyone have an e30 auto trans output flange? The four bolt setup without a guibo?
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

I’ve had a bunch shipped to me, and most often, it’s just a box in a box in a box. It’s not like the UPS is going to fuck up a diff. Maybe drop it on their toe, but unless it’s got the Z3 finned cover WGAF...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

ECS has a good sale on z3m diff covers. I bought one today.

My white e30 is getting the turbo 24v out of my nephews faux M3 now!
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

Wow, you still didn't sell that car? Also, pics of 911 or ban

Sent from my SM-A600T using Tapatalk
                -Peter
                '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                '91 318is slicktop project
                '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  If you just make a wood box out of 1x1s and plywood and use those expanding foam packets inside it will be fine. Then you can ship it with anyone, freight shippers, etc.
                  Received one packaged just like this. Worked just fine.
                  S52-Powered 1987
                  sigpic

Comment

E30 Liquidation/Life-is-over-after-having-a-baby sale going on now:

1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

I shipped calipers like this....

lol, but I was trying to show off a bit. FedEx loved it. Has no problems shipping that way.

Comment

If I had something shipped to me like that I would poo in my pants

Kooglewerks ships spoilers in some wood crates that are pretty cool, but not nearly that level of crazy.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

I’d frame the box and probably throw the E30 parts in the scrap bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

So I've replaced my O2 sensor and spark plugs but my car still runs really rich at full throttle (quite a bit of black smoke at full throttle), anyone have any ideas on how i should diagnose it? Its a stock m20b25, stock afm, stock injectors, and a stock chip.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Has your AFM anti-tamper cap for the adjustment screw been removed? If so, throw the AFM away, those are never to be messed with.

Test and/or replace your blue coolant temperature sensor, too.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Sorry I should've given more background info,

I recently installed 17# injectors and the miller maf conversion on my e30, I then flooded my engine so rich that the bearings went kaput. I chalked it up to miller being shitty

so I swapped my motor out this past weekend and converted everything back to stock. I used everything from the "new" motor besides the tps sensor, O2 sensor (which is new), plugs (which are new), and the afm (which shouldnt be the problem because it ran rich with the miller maf setup?).

I guess a better question would be...
                                1. can a bad tps cause the car to run rich at full throttle?
                                2. how would one test to see if the fuel return line is plugged?

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Working...
                                X