PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Metallated
    replied
    Originally posted by ahrensNW
    Anyone have an idea of how much the weight difference would be between Al and stainless? If durability isn't an issue running poly mounts, then it's pretty much settled.
    Sounds like about 30 pounds based on Adam's post, using stock headers. Probably less if you go k24 and find a light pair of headers.
    Last edited by Metallated; 12-07-2018, 11:54 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ahrensNW
    replied
    Overall this car has lost most of the weight I can easily remove. It will have a riveted sunroof panel, it's completely stripped aside from the dash, no insulation to be found, I have a pc680 in the rear, no power steering. and a manual brake box. Transmission is a g260, further bringing the weight down. For now, the m52 swap will be a place saver until the k24 swap details are hammered out.
    I'll be ordering a set of konig dekagram, 12.3 lbs in 15x8 so I should be good there. I'll still have my mtechnicas for all the stanz when I want it.

    Anyone have an idea of how much the weight difference would be between Al and stainless? If durability isn't an issue running poly mounts, then it's pretty much settled.

    Leave a comment:


  • adam.nonis
    replied
    Not trying to start any arguments. Just saying it can be done, and with proper prior planning, longevity shouldn’t be an issue. Merits of where you save weight can be left up to everyone else.

    Have a great day

    Leave a comment:


  • spiDmang
    replied
    Originally posted by adam.nonis
    My whole exhaust (from the trans back, including resonator and muffler) weighs 15 lbs. from the OEM header flanges to the tip its 28.5 lbs. down from 60.5 lbs.
    I can vouch for this thing. Adam's work is beyond amazing.

    Hank, get in touch with Adam. He can build you what you need.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nader393
    replied
    Originally posted by adam.nonis
    Isolate and support and it’ll be fine. I’m only eight months in, but not one single issue.
    Maybe, if you're doing it yourself and you know what you're doing. I wouldn't trust the local muffler shops to get it right. I've had multiple disappointments with exhaust projects on several of my vehicles. And that's just basic stuff.

    Aluminum exhaust should be the last consideration for weight savings. I'd focus on unsprung and rotational weight first, then weight up high. Exhaust is low and center, not worth it. When (not if) an Al exhaust fails, it's a hassle. Noise, fumes, jacking up the car to reach it, etc.

    Leave a comment:

Working...