Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SISEBMW View Post
    Hello,

First of all, I did not know it was a conversion kit since I spun it with my hands and it behaved how an LSD would. yes it was an open diff conversion kit, no I did not know nor did I mean to scam anyone not just because its a scummy thing to do but I would be stupid to ruin my reputation over $500
    then surely you know that is not a test. even open diffs will act as an lsd off the car. the only way to tell for sure is by opening the case. which the purchaser should have insisted on, and you should have done if you were indeed a reputable business.

Originally posted by SISEBMW View Post
    I'm writing this for clarification since your bad review is one of the first things that pop up when you search my name and I'm just sharing my side of the story.
    fair enough. but from here it looks like you knew you were selling fake goods.

Comment

To be fair, it was an LSD just not a factory one from what it sounds like. Sounds like an honest mistake that anyone including myself would make. The seller did offer a refund and this would have made things right had the buyer returned the diff but unfortunately he didn't.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

even open diffs will act as an lsd off the car
        you can spin flanges of an open diff independently when it's out of the car.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

If I hold the input flange still and spin one output flange, an LSD will spin the other output the same direction whereas an Open will spin opposite. Right?

(I'm about to go pick up an LSD and don't really want to pull the cover)
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

If I hold the input flange still and spin one output flange, an LSD will spin the other output the same direction whereas an Open will spin opposite. Right?
            if it's an LSD, if you hold the input flange, you shouldn't be able to spin either output flange in any direction. with the input loose, the output flanges will spin together until you exceed the breakaway torque, which is substantial (like, breaker bar level of torque)

if you try this with an open diff, you'll spin the spider gears and the opposite output flange will spin in the opposite direction of the one you're spinning.
            cars beep boop

Comment

I have seen so many diffs with incorrect tags, information, you name it- I ALWAYS pull the cover and verify ring gear stamp and carrier stamp when i pull a diff out of a car and mark it before it hits a shelf.

Open 3.73s claimed to be limited slip, 2.93s sold as 3.73s, 4.10s sold as 3.73s, 4.10s sold as 4.27s, welded diffs claimed to be lsd, etc

gotta pull das cover
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

have seen that not work many times. you have to lock one side of the diff down. simply holding the flanges won't do it. guys here tried selling bogus units that way. i won't buy it without opening the diff.

Comment

Working...
                X