Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, currently having Matt over at the flyin' wrench in Kennesaw do a full top to bottom rebuild on my m52b28. I'll eventually be bringing my car over to get a nice tune on it. Keeping it OBDII. Will have stock m52 intake on for the time being. Could you possible PM me some info on pricing and numbers I should expect out of it?
    TIA
    sigpic
    325e Schwartz coupe(02/85) OBDII M52B28+ZF320 swapped

Comment

Will do. Matt is good peoples. Weve done some tunes for him :)

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
        Dave, curious if you guys are able to do the remote tuning method on my '07 Z4M coupe. I'm debating the option already for my e30 anyways but I'm even more tempted to buy it if I can run it on my Z too. Also, what sort of gains can be found on a stock S54 from my chassis? I know it runs a different ECU than the Z3 and e46 and that it's apparently quite a bit of a change?

I do not use sport mode, fwiw. Throttle becomes annoyingly touchy
        I will soon have flashing capabilities for MSS70 but dont currently have a XDF defined. Will work on this and can do remote flashing from there.
        Originally posted by TheAxiom View Post
        Ugh. Do an N52 damn it!
        In progress ;)..

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I have a full mss70 xdf :-P
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
            I will soon have flashing capabilities for MSS70 but dont currently have a XDF defined. Will work on this and can do remote flashing from there.

In progress ;)..
            Don't tease!
            E92 Msport

Comment

Some more fun!
              2007 335i
              FBO (BMS China charge pipe ;), 5" IC, Forge DV, VRSF DP )
              RB inlets
              RB Turbos
              6AT
              Markert Motor Works Back End Flash
              Jb4
              N20 MAP

First, Pump Only...:

E40 vs pump on JB4 with Rbs:

Had more in it but fuel pump decided no....

Oh and the WGDC on 'run 24'. Turbos+Inlets have alot left on the table...

N54E30 anyone ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I'm curious what, if any, gains do you see on a basically stock s52 when upgrading from the stock exhaust to something more free flowing?

I'm finally starting my swap this weekend (thanks for the coolant pipe and sensor btw) and I'll probably use my stock e30 exhaust for now. It's temporary because I know it's going to be a bit restrictive. So I was curious; with your dyno / tuning experience, what kind of real world difference exhaust makes on these engines?
                Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

So, it would be interesting to see how well DesertBMW's (HakenTT) tune actually performs... since, apparently, he's a self proclaimed BMW tuning god but after reading this entire thread, it seems his (lack of) knowledge would suggest otherwise. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of having my ms41.1 flashed by him to get my m52 swapped e30 running. However, I seriously doubt that his "tune" is utilizing the full potential of the S52 cams and M50 manifold I've installed (before he flashed it of course, he was well aware of my modifications prior to flashing my DME). Basically, I'm now convinced that his "tune" is nothing more than an EWS and emissions delete with downstream O2 removed... I think we would all love the opportunity to witness a before and after dyno session of MMW tuning vs. DesertBMW's flash...

Comment

I mean, Lawrenceville isn't but a hop, jump and a skip away... although I'm sure I could be there faster with proper tuning :rippedoff:

Comment

Can you guys do the nv m50s?
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

:popcorn:

Originally posted by taft125 View Post
                        So, it would be interesting to see how well DesertBMW's (HakenTT) tune actually performs... since, apparently, he's a self proclaimed BMW tuning god but after reading this entire thread, it seems his (lack of) knowledge would suggest otherwise. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of having my ms41.1 flashed by him to get my m52 swapped e30 running. However, I seriously doubt that his "tune" is utilizing the full potential of the S52 cams and M50 manifold I've installed (before he flashed it of course, he was well aware of my modifications prior to flashing my DME). Basically, I'm now convinced that his "tune" is nothing more than an EWS and emissions delete with downstream O2 removed... I think we would all love the opportunity to witness a before and after dyno session of MMW tuning vs. DesertBMW's flash...
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Come by for a dyno tune, ill cut you a deal for the data ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Mwishlist View Post
                            I'm curious what, if any, gains do you see on a basically stock s52 when upgrading from the stock exhaust to something more free flowing?

I'm finally starting my swap this weekend (thanks for the coolant pipe and sensor btw) and I'll probably use my stock e30 exhaust for now. It's temporary because I know it's going to be a bit restrictive. So I was curious; with your dyno / tuning experience, what kind of real world difference exhaust makes on these engines?
                            Depends on the car/supporting mods.. we will be adding full headers/exhaust to the ZM3 weve done multiple mod step by step dynos on to see what the exhaust is really doing.

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                              Come by for a dyno tune, ill cut you a deal for the data ;)
                              I might just have to call in sick for work one day this week and come on up ;D

When's good for you?

Comment

Next week. Will be at SEMA all this week ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X