Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your results may very given the full bolt on nature of the car tested but none the less, gains are there :)

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

IMO a chassis dyno is just not that repeatable (1.5%) to say that the elbow was the reason for the change in power.

Something like that as a minimum needs to be A-B-A test with multiple runs of each. Obviously this was not done because the intention wasn't to test the elbow it was tune the whole package
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
        IMO a chassis dyno is just not that repeatable (1.5%) to say that the elbow was the reason for the change in power.

Something like that as a minimum needs to be A-B-A test with multiple runs of each. Obviously this was not done because the intention wasn't to test the elbow it was tune the whole package
        From reading the logs while tuning and the real 'major' jumps from the conforti to my off the shelf and then to the boot at the end, and all the other tuning ive ever done, short of "cheating" and letting the car cool down or the dyno room improve, this dyno has been extremely consistent.

Tuning changes only up to that point:
        Last edited by 328ijunkie; 01-07-2016, 01:28 AM.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Just wanted to say I've been driving a few days on my s52 Markert tune and it's awesome! I can't compare apples to apples because my previous ECU, was tuned by someone else but water damaged. The car drove well but had some weird idle issues and gauge issues. Anyway the difference between the two is night and day. Idle is solid and it pulls like a beast!
          Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

:p

Check Us out on Facebook
            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Chapel View Post
              I'm half tempted to do the ASC delete myself... I have an LSD and snow tires after all.
              I think it's totally worth it. Such a waste of space :p

I was literally on the mountain yesterday with my S52 E30. With my snow tires and LSD, I was passing everything. This new WRX looked at me like I was crazy since i was driving an old, shitty BMW to go ski LOL. I feel with the ASC out of the way, my old E36 M3 sedan was way more predictable with the LSD and snow tires
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                Also retuned an Alum block M52 E30 after it got headers/a nicer exhaust setup
                Just noticed this, does this one have an M50 Intake manifold ?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

yes.

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                    yes.
                    so would you say the S50/2 cams are worth about 15whp or more on the M50/2 motors? I want to get my car dyno'd again with a proper exhaust setup. Im not expecting much more, but I think theres more out there with a legit setup.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

225 is pretty strong for an M52/S52 hybrid already; with exhaust you might extend that peak a smidge but probably gain a lot more under the curve.

The most built 2.8 I've seen was a JP race prep motor running the mid-grade Sunbelt cam, KK headers/exhaust, M50 intake and all the other trick parts. It put down around 240-245whp from memory, redlining around 7500. With stock S52 cams I'd estimate (napkin-math) that you're close to as far as it'll go, especially since the Al block can't take as high of revs as the iron ones. The built motor was really gutless until 4000rpm also, so would be a poor choice for a street car.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yea my peak torque was only 205, so Id be happy with more of it, and if I got to 230whp I would be pretty damn happy. Its not really a street car anymore as I have a daily driver now, but its also not a gutted track car either
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Ive been slacking on updates :(
                          2/23/16
                          E46 M3 NASA GTS Car. Was already dyno tuned by another very prominient E46 M tuner, this is over his... Car has euro headers/race exhaust, intake and stock airbox

From there i detuned it for GTS3. Took a while to get power down will keeping the motor/everything happy and jumping back and forth punching data in the NASA GTS calculator.

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

3/8/16
                            Tuned 2 more S54 Cars. First an E46 M3 stock except headers (dont recall brand). Stock airbox, plenum and all.

This next one is an S54 Swapped E36 318Ti. Car had already been dyno tuned by another reputable tuner who i guess didnt realize the throttles were only opening ~80%. After fixing that and playing with the vanos (no ing timing changes) and fueling this is the result: Car has stock ZM3 airbox, plenum and Euro headers.

Check Us out on Facebook
                            Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Curious how remote tuning works? Do I send you my setup and you send a tune back or do I give you dyno data from a local dyno?

Putting together an S52 setup for my E30, impressed by these results!
                              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                                Curious how remote tuning works? Do I send you my setup and you send a tune back or do I give you dyno data from a local dyno?

Putting together an S52 setup for my E30, impressed by these results!
                                Give us a shout to discuss if you want (6788096531 or tuning@mmw.repair). We have a few different ways of doing things. Send in your ECU, we send you one already flashed, or we send you a remote tuning cable and remote flash the DME. Also the dyno isnt necessary for most applications but always cool to see what the car is putting down before/after.

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X