Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's funny. on the first tune, it's barely making more than some S54s are putting down N/A.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Have you guys tuned an E36 VF kit? I'm debating installing one on my sedan....
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        Have you guys tuned an E36 VF kit? I'm debating installing one on my sedan....
        Yes plenty. :)

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

5/2/16
          Retuned an earlier AASC Z3 coupe we did. Still 100% stock motor, original headgasket on 2.8L. Added 80lb injectors and e85. Same ~12.5psi boost level.

Tuned a random E46 M3, has headers, stock airbox, stock plenum, etc.
          Last edited by 328ijunkie; 05-24-2016, 07:47 AM.

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Question:

Any difference between a 3.5" intake and a 3.0" intake?
            E92 Msport

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxiom View Post
              Question:

Any difference between a 3.5" intake and a 3.0" intake?
              Depends on the application, for the most part no, if the MAF is maxing out and or you have airflow mods that can utilize the larger intake then yes.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Thank you.

Please tune a N52, I love this thread.
                E92 Msport

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                  Depends on the application, for the most part no, if the MAF is maxing out and or you have airflow mods that can utilize the larger intake then yes.
                  What airflow mods (or just power level) require a 3.5" intake?

Comment

Generally speaking A cammed, M50 manifold, headers, nice Exhaust S52 will max stock MAF at around ~6400. Ive seen the occasional non cammed one also max MAF.

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Ok... not so much that the tube restricts airflow... just that the MAF maxes out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                        Ok... not so much that the tube restricts airflow... just that the MAF maxes out.
                        Tube becomes a restriction at somepoint by itself but i see more gains from the stock MAF not freaking out if you will. It does very weird stuff to power output when it hits ~4.89V and i have no clue why.

Check Us out on Facebook
                        Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Tuned a modded High comp stock cam 2.5L M20 was running 98 octane

also tuned a race worn KP car with headers/schrick cam

Also tuned a single turbo 6266 135i with port injection running E60, 25psi

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                            Tube becomes a restriction at somepoint by itself but i see more gains from the stock MAF not freaking out if you will. It does very weird stuff to power output when it hits ~4.89V and i have no clue why.
                            Could it be that 4.89V is the highest voltage set in the MAF scaling from the factory? Some Ford EEC computers only go up to 4.7V in the MAF transfer function even though the MAF can output all the way to 5V. If airflow pushes the output voltage higher than 4.7v, the EEC does weird things too. Most, if not all, real performance tunes for them have transfers that go to 5v with more data points for finer tuning. I'm not sure if the same could be done in the BMW system. Just a thought.

Comment

GM MAF's output a frequency proportional to airflow, giving them *FAR* better resolution and range than a 0-5V signal... switch to that system?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Stock View Post
                                Could it be that 4.89V is the highest voltage set in the MAF scaling from the factory? Some Ford EEC computers only go up to 4.7V in the MAF transfer function even though the MAF can output all the way to 5V. If airflow pushes the output voltage higher than 4.7v, the EEC does weird things too. Most, if not all, real performance tunes for them have transfers that go to 5v with more data points for finer tuning. I'm not sure if the same could be done in the BMW system. Just a thought.
                                ECU can only 'receive' 5V. Hardware limitation. Could add to the 256 cell string for the transfer function for resolution if need be but thats about it.

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                                GM MAF's output a frequency proportional to airflow, giving them *FAR* better resolution and range than a 0-5V signal... switch to that system?
                                again hardware problem.

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                                X