Turbo time for my S50 on a "budget"
Collapse
X
-
Awesome progress!! Love this build. I have the same slight rattle issue with my AKG shifter. Tried grease, a thicker rubber underneath, rebalanced driveshaft, etc. with no luck. Let me know if you find a fix. -
So mini update pics to follow. I crammed the, freshly freshened, ZF320 in and after much massaging I got the Driveshaft adapter to work barely. I also installed the Solid motor mounts (CONDOR), the DSSR, the AKG Shifter installed the new slave cylinder and put the car all back together. First impressions of the ZF320 are that I was stupid for not doing it in the first place. Much better transmission than the Getrag ever was. First impressions of the Motor mounts is that there is only a little vibration at low speed under load, other than that they are almost unnoticeable (probably because everything else is solid). First impressions for the shift are that this is the shift that has been missing all my life. That AKG shifter is F$cking magic. It is so crisp and positive. No the ZF trans is even shorter in gear than the G260 that I took out and I have yet to swap my 3.25lsd or my chromoly axel shafts in so you can imagine how often I am shifting but the shifter (other than a bit of rattle) is amazing. Gonna drive a for a bit with 8-10psi and 3.73s with a ZF just for burnout fun and swap the 3.25 in with the new axle shafts. I may need even more gear than the 3.25 so I may be on the prowl for a 2.93 lsd.
Last edited by BMW_TUNER; 05-05-2017, 09:56 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Project will be getting back under way soon. I have a 3.25 to swap in a ZF320 that has just had the pin service a driveshaft adapter, chromemolly axel shafts a UUC DSSR and an AKG shifter to install now to mention the solid motor mounts, because the engine is currently rocking 2 inches to the right under load. Then I can get to the dyno and hopefully start to get the AFR's in the 11s at redline under WOT.Leave a comment:
-
-
What manifold is that? I have never seen the wastegate set up that way in an e30 before.Leave a comment:
-
I think I went from boost creep to boost seep. I was doing some testing and using my Eboost to try to make more than spring 12 psi and I appears that the car is not happy with that. I think the wastegate location and 10# spring can't keep it closed with the wastegate top being open to atmosphere. I swapped it for a stiffer spring and I am going to reconfigure to a two sided setup to try to have the boost hold it closed from the top.Leave a comment:
-
It would be much more in the path of flow than it currently is on my manifold. Out the current spot, but then 90 off to the passenger side and up to clear the downpipe. Ends up in almost the same spot as yours is now.
Only reason I'd bother to do this instead of right on the housing is because the other car already has an external WG, and it would be nice if I could swap turbos between cars.Leave a comment:
-
I had to massage my sheet metal a bit to fit the 38mm wastegate on the m20.
Good to hear its holding boost now, I doubt you would get traction with 5 psi with the roads the way they are atm.Leave a comment:
-
There may be room but the WG wouldn't be in the path of flow if you went under the downpipe and off the existing feed. The WG housing provides me the befit of by very much so in the flow and with any luck the Eboost 2 will be able to ramp me up and down so I can truly use it like a boost selection device.Leave a comment:
-
Right off the turbine housing? I was thinking about doing that or trying to route the current tube up beside the downpipe, but haven't decided.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah I think the GT3582r is to spook happy to make low boost with the manifold.Leave a comment:
-
its weird you have issues with your wastegate
I have the same manifold with the same 44 Tial MVR routed to my 3" downpipe and I dont have any issues @ 13 psi !!
where do you get your wastegate vacuum line ? I tried it form the compressor housing had some issues , then I tried it from my intake manifold and it worked flawlessly
My G260 is also is still holding @ 400 whp
although my Lsd 3.25 started whining:(Last edited by JOMARO; 02-02-2017, 10:13 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Test run shows a great hold capability. Holds almost a perfect 11psi.Leave a comment:
-
Might have to go to a Turbosmart hyper gate to get clearance for the hood. FunLeave a comment:
-
For now it's just proof of concept. Once I know it can hold boost down by itself I will be plumbing it right into the downpipe.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: