Turbo time for my S50 on a "budget"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    So I have picked the turbo and it has arrived. GT3582R .82. Pics to be posted ASAP. Also picked up a Tial WG and BOV thanks to Butters. Engine is in the car and I am getting closer everyday. Still need to find the best place to buy 3 inch V-band to match the turbo outlet fittings to tap into intake manifold to supply Vacuum to WG and BOV and tuning.

    Leave a comment:


  • vaughnbannister
    replied
    Originally posted by BMW_TUNER
    I went with a .82 just to make it spool fast. I want to make it as useful on the track as possible and 2-300 rpm lower boost may help. I am curious to see the comparison on our dyno graphs as I will be running a 86mm low boost S50 very similar to yours. What made you go with the 1.06?


    My goals are eventually 700+ and with this set up of the turbo, should EASILY be able to get those numbers.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Originally posted by vaughnbannister

    I'm all for the GT3582r with 1.02. [emoji851] join the club, you know you want tooooooooo
    I went with a .82 just to make it spool fast. I want to make it as useful on the track as possible and 2-300 rpm lower boost may help. I am curious to see the comparison on our dyno graphs as I will be running a 86mm low boost S50 very similar to yours. What made you go with the 1.06?

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Big thanks to the forum and to Butters for the hook up. Ordered the GT3582R V band Tial 44mm MVR and Tial Q-BOV!!! Time to start making magic psssshhh!!! noises.

    Leave a comment:


  • arams325
    replied
    I have a hx35 on my s50, it has a 12cm housing and starts spooling at 2500rpm i made 426 at 13psi on pump gas so far. I have been told to upgrade to a precision 6266 by my tuner i guess they are the bees knees.

    Leave a comment:


  • vaughnbannister
    replied

    I'm all for the GT3582r with 1.02. [emoji851] join the club, you know you want tooooooooo

    Leave a comment:


  • greyis89
    replied
    Enjoying the build progress.

    Dave out there posting up my Dyno charts before we even turn it all the way up ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Did some final assembly last night. Now I am just waiting on a few small parts then I will bolt the engine to the tranny to test fitment. After all fitment is verified I will drop the tranny in the tunnel then the engine into the bay and bolt them together in the engine bay and then I will really need a Turbo Wastegate and Blow Off Valve.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Originally posted by mrcheezle19
    I would take a look at the Precision 6266 Gen 2. I am running that turbo on my car now and I made about 525whp on pump gas and I make 625whp on e85. I specifically chose this turbo over the gt35r82. The boost comes on early and hard and the transient response is awesome. Similar in price too.
    I have been thinking more and more about a precision. It appears that reliability is gravely improved. Did you go BB or JB?

    Leave a comment:


  • mrcheezle19
    replied
    I would take a look at the Precision 6266 Gen 2. I am running that turbo on my car now and I made about 525whp on pump gas and I make 625whp on e85. I specifically chose this turbo over the gt35r82. The boost comes on early and hard and the transient response is awesome. Similar in price too.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied


    I little fancy. The is it mocked up. I am doing the 3 day tq sequence on the studs with the cut ring. Cams will go in on Wednesday then the motor will be ready to be installed.

    Leave a comment:


  • GG///M3
    replied
    This looks like its going to be fancy.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Waiting on my new timing cover so that it can be decked to match the block and the oil pan is being modified to keep a downward slope on the turbo oil drain and have the Achilles baffle installed. I will get pics of those up before I put the motor back together.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Originally posted by bataangpinoy
    OP, my recommendation for you would be a Garrett GT3582rs. Would meet or exceed your power goals at 15lb of boost, using the .82 turbine housing and stock s50us cams.

    If you're running cams far more aggressive than the M3 cams (and a higher redline), look into the 1.02 turbine housing. Would move the power delivery higher into the revs to match.
    GT3582rs is still on my list. I am leaning towards the BW S256-RS with AGP .82 , as it should spool a bit faster. I am waiting for July (aka 3 paychecks for the turbo purchase).

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Short Block is back in the garage.


    Upgraded oil pump installed

    Leave a comment:

Working...