Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know 4 plugs into the intake boot and 3 should be into the valve cover breather/CCV system?

Comment

Awesome. Got it all figured out, thanks Danny!
      Last edited by Jand3rson; 03-01-2011, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        I know 4 plugs into the intake boot and 3 should be into the valve cover breather/CCV system?
        Since we're on this topic, the amount of oil build up on my motor around the valve cover is ridiculous. Do any of you guys have the same problem? It feels like a really flimsy piece...
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

OK, So we are at a whopping 74 pages and any noob (me included) can attest to the difficulty of finding complete information in over 1,000 posts. Is there a certain page which has the gold mine of information? A parts list is all I need
          ^M52B28^

Comment

try to Google it and look for the posting from here or on bimmer forums. Before my computer crashed I got my list of all the parts and things needed off of bimmer forums. Let me know if this helps yeah.
            sigpic
            85 swartz/metallic 325E
            84 alpine 325E
            85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
            84 Bronzit 318i/sold
            purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Originally posted by I*Do*Werke View Post
              OK, So we are at a whopping 74 pages and any noob (me included) can attest to the difficulty of finding complete information in over 1,000 posts. Is there a certain page which has the gold mine of information? A parts list is all I need
              The other sticky had about all the information I needed to pull it off...Its hard to have a catch-all list as everyone's swap is a little different and every motor might need different maintence parts. You just need to pick your motor/trans combo first and go from there.

Its really not a hard swap to do with a some research and realoem.com :) I used the diagrams off realoem a LOT durring reassembly.

Comment

BMWFans.info is 1000x better than RealOEM. MUCH better, clearer pictures, much easier to navigate, and just overall easier to use.

Comment

alright my ? for the day...
                  what is the difference for the VC breathers behind the vanos hump between an M50 and M52

i have to use my M52 VC since my M50 on got owned.... and im thinking i can cut the little tab off the M50 tube thingy and it will fit in the hole or is there another way i can do this?
                  sigpic
                  ^Back in the game^
                  BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
                  FS thread:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

how do you have connected heating hoses with m50 swap?
                    when I look this, there are no space to do it. intake is too big.

can someone tell me what hoses to use or some pics how do you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodshot-e30 View Post
                      alright my ? for the day...
                      what is the difference for the VC breathers behind the vanos hump between an M50 and M52

i have to use my M52 VC since my M50 on got owned.... and im thinking i can cut the little tab off the M50 tube thingy and it will fit in the hole or is there another way i can do this?
                      Some folks used a 1" heater hose from the VC to the PCV. Clamped of course.

I'll be doing the same.
                      2008 335i - n54b30
                      1991 318i - m52b28
                      1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

sub'd. Going to need it in a few weeks.

Guessing I will be playing a few rounds of "where does this go" as well
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                        first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Quick question, is the M50 OBDI only?
                          r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A_Whelan View Post
                            Quick question, is the M50 OBDI only?
                            Yes.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Someone was trying to sell me an M50 OBDII and said they would include the parts so I can swap it to OBDI... What could this mean (besides they might be lying about what it is)
                              r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Its probably an M52. Pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X