Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

That's perfect! Thanks

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
        Oh I saw your thread, I was really wondering hw many large and small pins I should order.... I should've been more specific. I'm not adding or taking out anything.
        The number and size required varies slightly by chassis, year, and options. On the '88 M3 I wired this evening I used 12x small(191), 2x medium(193), and 2x large(195), I don't typically count but I was already at it. I know the 318 I wired last week took 1 more medium and at least 1 less small but it was a later chassis so it had the ABS pin in the 101 but no oil temp b/c it wasn't an "M". The easiest way to know what you will need for sure is to flip your chassis's c101 over, pull back the boot and count.

In the picture below the left most(BR/GN) uses a 191, middle(GN) uses a 193, and the right most (VI/RD) is a 195.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerteck View Post
          The number and size required varies slightly by chassis, year, and options. On the '88 M3 I wired this evening I used 12x small(191), 2x medium(193), and 2x large(195), I don't typically count but I was already at it. I know the 318 I wired last week took 1 more medium and at least 1 less small but it was a later chassis so it had the ABS pin in the 101 but no oil temp b/c it wasn't an "M". The easiest way to know what you will need for sure is to flip your chassis's c101 over, pull back the boot and count.

In the picture below the left most(BR/GN) uses a 191, middle(GN) uses a 193, and the right most (VI/RD) is a 195.
          This is why I love this forum. So informative. Thank you

Feedback!

Comment

As far as condor motor mounts go, which arms will I need?

Feedback!

Comment

As far as condor motor mounts go, which arms will I need?
              Same as other mounts E36

My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Just wanted to double check, but 24v with G260 MUST have 323i Throwout bearing, correct?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Problem : NON-ABS car using the iX booster and master. Solution:???? So far Im thinking that I need to "T" the front lines into one, and the other one to be used for the rear
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                    Problem : NON-ABS car using the iX booster and master. Solution:???? So far Im thinking that I need to "T" the front lines into one, and the other one to be used for the rear
                    This is what im planning on doing i ordered a t and fittings from fedhillusa.com

Comment

The "T" I used was a factory piece that the E30 has in the back, underneath the car. This eliminates having a different pitch/ thread/ diameter as factory. Hope yours works out
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on a built m50b30 swap. My car was a '89 325i e30. The engine is very close to the firewall and I don't know how should I connect the heater hoses. I'm using e28 535i mounts with washers on the driver's side.

Another problem is that the engine is not sitting perfectly straigt in the engine bay. The front is a little bit close to the passanger side while the back is close to the driver's side and the whole engine almost hits the firewall. Unfortunately it is not visible on the picture.

How can I solve these issues? Any idea would be appreciated!
                        Last edited by Cerruti; 11-12-2013, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Anyone know where I can find the harness bracket that connects to the block and chills under the intake manifold???????????!!!!!

Thanks!!!
                          BUILDTHREAD
                          WTB LIST

Comment

Do I have to run an oil cooler for a 24v swap? I know my m42 didn't have one...

Feedback!

Comment

Do I have to run an oil cooler for a 24v swap? I know my m42 didn't have one...
                              No, oil capacity is ~6QT on these engines, you are good without it.
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I cant find the part # for the 2002 brake resevoir. one of the last things I need. I found the blue cloth hose 21521163714 but Im sure I need two fittings in addition to the resevoir itself.

edit: thanks Jeff!

Here are the part #s to get the 2002 remote resevoir setup
                                (1)- 21 52 1 163 714 = Blue Cloth Hose
                                (1)- 34 32 1 112 388 = 2002 Brake Fluid Reservoir
                                (2)- 34 32 1 102 282 = Angula Pipe
                                (2)- 34 31 1 121 911 = Rubber grommets for the reservoir

second edit:

you will also need two new grommets for the reservoir also. that werent mentioned anywhere else I looked

Last edited by 2mAn; 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM. Reason: updating info
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X