No announcement yet.

[HOW TO] e46m3 6-speed your e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please send me pics of the brace and extensions you will be making up, I maybe interested in one. email is atpd_20v@yahoo.com thanks in advance!

Comment

Yeah, for that matter let me know as well. It would make things even better for me.
      08' BMW M5
      07' BMW Z4M Coupe - SOLD
      95' BMW M3
      87' BMW 535is
      Bring Bangle Back...

Comment

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
        Automatic E36 M3 drive shaft fit confirmed!
        How much adjustment was left in the driveshaft (assuming you installed one)?

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
          (assuming you installed one)
          Yes there was a drive shaft installed. As we spoke about before through PMs there is plenty of adjustment left in the drive shaft. I would say no more than an inch +/-. I thought you had one installed already once, I assumed you would already have known this.
          "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Anyone know if the 6 speed from a E46 330i ZHP (GS6-37BZ - TBEZ) is the same length as the E46 M3 (S6S 420G - TBAI)? The ZHP transmissions are a lot cheaper brand new. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
              Anyone know if the 6 speed from a E46 330i ZHP (GS6-37BZ - TBEZ) is the same length as the E46 M3 (S6S 420G - TBAI)? The ZHP transmissions are a lot cheaper brand new. Just a thought.
              Cheaper is not always the best thing. If you are looking for the gears yes but if you are putting down more power then I would go with the Getrag
              "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The 6 speed from the 330i still has a higher NM rating then a zf from a e36.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
                  I thought you had one installed already once, I assumed you would already have known this.
                  Nah, as we discussed, a friend installed it. It didnt appear to have much adjustment left in it when I looked at it, but then again it was bolted up and the car had been driving fine, so I wasnt too nit-picky about it.

Comment

who makes the 6-spd in the e46 zhp?
                    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by specm View Post
                      who makes the 6-spd in the e46 zhp?
                      zf

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Anyone have pictures of a trans brace that they had made? Just looking for ideas...

Comment

great write up guys thanks.. can someone confirm that the smg trans will also work when the electronic part is unbolted off the back.

also there is no way to use the e36 flywheel? i would hate to get rid of my JBC
                          TIA Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Bennetts22@aol.com View Post
                            also there is no way to use the e36 flywheel? i would hate to get rid of my JBC
                            TIA Brandon
                            Yes, you can. Talk to my friend Jordan at Southbend Clutches. JordanMD88 is his SN on BFC.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                              Yes, you can. Talk to my friend Jordan at Southbend Clutches. JordanMD88 is his SN on BFC.
                              I was thinking of doing the same thing. Use a E36 clutch and LTW flywheel but then just replace the friction disc with one from the E46 M3 6spd. Can anyone think of a reason why this wont work? The disc is the same size and thickness. So we should be ale to use this clutch/flywheel combination and also eliminate the E46 self adjusting clutch setup as well.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

zhp 6 speed install by jordo

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                                You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Working...
                                X