KwikBrik: Back from the dead after 13 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
    Man, love all the work you've put into this car. The interior looks great!! Did you glue the dash cap on? I've been thinking about getting one but I'm afraid to glue it down in case it decides to warp or something.

Sorry to hear about the wreck but glad to see you're putting it back together. Do you have classic car insurance?
    Hey man. Meant to reply earlier. Thanks! ZoomZoomZooming's kits were superb.
    I have the same concern so I'm practicing crack repair on another dash I have, but I also have a BMW sunshade so I try to keep the UV off it.

Yes, I got enough from insurance to repair and swap to euro bumpers.

Awaiting some more speed nuts and some trim clips, but she's very close!

Still have to wet sand and buff the fender and hood but the euro swap is just taking it's sweet time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 128keaton; 06-27-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Got everything wired up in the front. Some of the harness was damaged in the wreck so I had to go thru and fix some of that. Had to also wire the side marker harness to the city lights and then change the wiring around for the turn signals.

First time these panels have been on in a bit

Comment

It feels like a big step to have the face back on the car.
        What do you think of the euro bumpers so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
          It feels like a big step to have the face back on the car.
          What do you think of the euro bumpers so far?
          I like!
          I still have some fitment tweaking to do, especially on the rear:

But I got the radiator installed and got the coolant system all sorted and got the car fired up!

Also installed my euro plate

Comment

Drives like nothing happened!

Comment

Its always great to see when cars get back together even better and become road worthy!

Cool to see you spray the panels in your garage too? Painted over some trim clips though :p

Going to get the black rigs for the smoked lights?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                Its always great to see when cars get back together even better and become road worthy!

Cool to see you spray the panels in your garage too? Painted over some trim clips though :p

Going to get the black rigs for the smoked lights?
                Haha yeah I realized that after taking those pics. I'll use a razor blade to free them. Yes, my father's home garage has a “curtain” paint booth setup inside it. It's like a big shower curtain that keeps dust out from the rest of the garage. Box fan in the corner provides positive pressure to blow dust out the window.

Maybe? I didn't know you could get different rings. I originally bought these for my sedan but I accidentally purchased E34 depos and needed to use them for this trip. Kinda really like them on the convertible now.

Comment

Completed a 1500 mile road trip without any real drama. Still gets too hot in traffic. If moving it's fine. Idles low so probably a vac leak.

Comment

Double trouble!

Bought a parts car for a client's car (auto 325i verts aren't supposed to be trashed right?) for $450. Built almost exactly a year apart. 4.10, auto, dark blue interior (with nice door cards somehow, no seats), plenty of rust, cold weather package, and basketweaves. Somehow has nicer taillights and better fitting check panel than mine. Going to dig into the rust to see if it's worth saving or not.

Bare minimum, also has OEM radio with damaged LCD, basketweaves, good bumpers and trim, motor, front plastic air deflector, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X