Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to retain a manual throttle body on the ms43 dme? Or not worth the effort?

Comment

Originally posted by Navymr View Post
      Is it possible to retain a manual throttle body on the ms43 dme? Or not worth the effort?
      A M52tu is basically a M54, but with a old fashion drive by cable throttle body.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Probably not as much support for it electronically though huh?

Comment

What do you mean? Theres still tunes out there for it and Markert Motor Works can flash it for you.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I see the wiki has a lot of support for the ms42. I'll probably go that route so I retain the manual throttle and I'll just adjust the other maps to reflect the larger displacement of the 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
              What do you mean? Theres still tunes out there for it and Markert Motor Works can flash it for you.
              Every single person with a cheap obd cable can flash that on its own!

If one wants cable throttle, go for MS42. Modifying MS43 for cable throttle is not on top of my priority list of mods right now ;)

Comment

I can teach myself almost anything with enough time but time is something I don't have a lot of. Everything I do day to day is precisely calculated due to chronic fatigue syndrome and narcolepsy. I have been tuning my own vehicles or "modifying" since my first 944 and e30. I don't post a lot and I'm not "cutting edge" but I am self reliant. I bought a "tuned" obd1 ms41 dme once and it was junk. Ews not correctly deleted because a/c didn't work. It was supposedly a universal "auto or manual" but it cause shifting issues with an automatic. It was a mess. I went from tuning and chip burning to ms41 dme the Russian community and romraider community provided adequate information for me to adjust what I needed myself in ms41 without desoldering. I don't have the time to reverse engineer the Siemens myself but I am very grateful for the people that have and most of all have shared. It not a business for me and I only modify my personal bmws. So for the price of baseline tunes from market motor or any of the various other "baseline tuners" I would rather buy all my own equipment and make donations to groups or forums that actually provide the info to the masses. I am extremely grateful for those who do share. @hoveringuy has provided incredible info, products, and experience to the community. As well as @hakentt /desertbmw or which ever name he has chosen across the 20+ forums I have seen him on. I commend him for being one of the earliest contributors to OEM controller swaps. Love him or hate him. There is numerous others that need thanked as well such as the e30swapwiki contributor, the OP of this thread, and the gentleman that put together the ms42wiki and the ms43wiki. Point of this. Is thanks to the non-condescending people that don't assume everyone is ignorant just because they ask a question.

Comment

IMO, stick to MS43. There's nothing wrong with DBW. the newer the DME, the better.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks it's just one more part I need to go harvest lol

Comment

I can teach myself almost anything with enough time but time is something I don't have a lot of. Everything I do day to day is precisely calculated due to chronic fatigue syndrome and narcolepsy. I have been tuning my own vehicles or "modifying" since my first 944 and e30. I don't post a lot and I'm not "cutting edge" but I am self reliant. I bought a "tuned" obd1 ms41 dme once and it was junk. Ews not correctly deleted because a/c didn't work. It was supposedly a universal "auto or manual" but it cause shifting issues with an automatic. It was a mess. I went from tuning and chip burning to ms41 dme the Russian community and romraider community provided adequate information for me to adjust what I needed myself in ms41 without desoldering. I don't have the time to reverse engineer the Siemens myself but I am very grateful for the people that have and most of all have shared. It not a business for me and I only modify my personal bmws. So for the price of baseline tunes from market motor or any of the various other "baseline tuners" I would rather buy all my own equipment and make donations to groups or forums that actually provide the info to the masses. I am extremely grateful for those who do share. @hoveringuy has provided incredible info, products, and experience to the community. As well as @hakentt /desertbmw or which ever name he has chosen across the 20+ forums I have seen him on. I commend him for being one of the earliest contributors to OEM controller swaps. Love him or hate him. There is numerous others that need thanked as well such as the e30swapwiki contributor, the OP of this thread, and the gentleman that put together the ms42wiki and the ms43wiki. Point of this. Is thanks to the non-condescending people that don't assume everyone is ignorant just because they ask a question.
                      Baseline tune? I do a decent bit of contributing around here lol.

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                      Full Product Line Tuning
                      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

E30 M54 Swap Guide

@328ijunkie yes you do I'm sorry I couldn't name everyone. And reason I say baseline tunes is because no car is the same so unless someone is tuning on a Dyno so I don't mean to disrespect by the term "baseline"
                        Last edited by Navymr; 05-26-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                          Baseline tune? I do a decent bit of contributing around here lol.
                          funny thing is, Hackjobtt is probably the one who sold him the screwed up MS41.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            funny thing is, Hackjobtt is probably the one who sold him the screwed up MS41.

I didn't name names but it was someone in EU with an early ms41 that didn't have sap or rear cat o2's. I went that route because I couldn't get winkfp to flash the EU file

Comment

@328ijunkie yes you do I'm sorry I couldn't name everyone. And reason I say baseline tunes is because no car is the same so unless someone is tuning on a Dyno so I don't mean to disrespect by the term "baseline"
                              I didn't name names but it was someone in EU with an early ms41 that didn't have sap or rear cat o2's. I went that route because I couldn't get winkfp to flash the EU file
                              Have to check programming voltage (usually problem)

And we do remote dyno tuning ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                              Full Product Line Tuning
                              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Excellent I will keep you in mind once I get this thing rolling...like I said. I'm slow lol

Comment

Working...
                                X