24V Swap Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Couple of new interior items, my resonator is all rusty so I'll have to get a custom mid pipe made eventually (and I need to fix the exhaust mounting holes on my ebay headers.

Regarding the picture of CVs, those are both passenger sides. Is there any benefit to using one over the other based on how deformed those end portions are?

Comment

Comment

Got the engine out Friday. Going to clean up the engine bay, pull some things off to sell, and get the S50 prepped to be installed over the next few weeks.

If anyone needs anything please let me know, as I'll have stock of some old parts, and I'll be refreshing some other parts like spare control arms. The list below has the things I'm going to try to sell
          • IX steering rack (small leak, pulled from the car pictured in this thread)
          • IX flywheel
          • IX engine that ran when pulled @ ~248k (took the car off the road within a couple hundred miles of the speedo going out), had a great compression/leak-down test when I purchased it in summer 2020. Could use the common seals and is due for timing belt, water pump, and thermostat (I have these to include with the engine)
          • Rebuilt IX control arms (I need to assemble these prior to sale)
          • IX brake booster
          • E30 Cluster @248k that needs speedo gears replaced. I'll be installing the RaceGerman replacement mounting ears
          • E30 AC compressor that worked when pulled. Kept me cool in the hot AZ summers
          • IX engine mount arms

Comment

Looking forward to updates and progress!

Thanks for sharing.

I’d maybe do some searching and see if there are cages from other CV’a you could take parts from. It’s been awhile since I’ve had a set of those axles apart, if you clean it out is it an area for a keyway or actually fractured?

I wonder if the block has space to enlarge the bolt holes vs is smaller hardware.
            Last edited by moatilliatta; 01-21-2022, 07:10 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Comment

I finally got the oil pan completely seated. I had to have a couple nuts tacked on to the pickup, and a hole cut in the baffle to allow I think the E30 oil level sensor to sit correctly. Then on the little plastic flap that attaches to the pass through I cut a notch out with a dremel so that it wouldn't interfere with the pickup. I ended up having to drill some holes in the pan to line up with the S50 block. Since the spots are different than what the pan had normally and there are no reliefs in the pan, I used allen head bolts for them to be able to turn. I also mounted my 23mm E36 M3 front sway bar that I'll be using by completing some of the research started in this thread. I started pulling my rear sway bar to swap for a 19mm replacement from ST Suspension but got pulled onto a friends project, so hopefully that'll be done this week. Stuff not pictured that I did was rebuild the front control arms and press in new front bearings, and have my front knuckles welded to coilovers.

Next things to do are
                • pull the brake booster and install the replacement
                • clean, pack, and install front CV parts
                • clean up the transmission/transfer case and replace the bushings
                • drain/fill fluids in both diffs, tc, and transmission
                • bolt flywheel and starter to engine
                • swap throw out bearing

Comment

Rebuilt the shifter this morning, but the kits online for g260 shifter refresh don't come with the correct shifter bushing bracket, so I purchased a replacement bushing from garagistic. I need to try to repair a rust hole in the passenger floor board next week before I can get the under-body shielding back in . Also trying to figure out how to get the new brake setup to work

Comment

what bushings are you using for that front sway bar? also are you using stock mounting locations?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzace View Post
                      what bushings are you using for that front sway bar? also are you using stock mounting locations?
                      I'm trying some superpro bushings for a 23mm diameter sway bar that fit the oem front sway bar bushing carriers

Comment

whats the PN for the sway bar (cant really make it out), and it fits? before I order?

Comment

also I already got some ground control adjustable end links so im guessing that works

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzace View Post
                            whats the PN for the sway bar (cant really make it out), and it fits? before I order?
                            This is what I purchased from turner.

Comment

THANK YOUU!! ill try this out soon!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X