No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some silver lip, dark grey centered iX weaves would do magic on your car.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
      Some silver lip, dark grey centered iX weaves would do magic on your car.

not a fan of iX wheels on iX's actually, definitely too common to really look good - I can appreciate them with spacers on a lowered rwd car though

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

would 17x7.5 e35 fit and what would be the recommended tire size?

Comment

thinking about a set of compomotives
          plenty of choices:

16x7 et18 - 40

17x7.5 et21 - 40

17x8 et27 - 37

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by TOAST View Post
            thinking about a set of compomotives
            plenty of choices:

16x7 et18 - 40

17x7.5 et21 - 40

17x8 et27 - 37

thoughts?
            Would love to see some iXs with their wheels
            My Allrad Blog

Comment

My wheels (17x7 kosei K1's)
              Attached Files
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyPrime View Post
                would 17x7.5 e35 fit and what would be the recommended tire size?
                I'm at ET25 in front and ET15 out back, and run a 225/45/17 on my 17's, which is a huge tire, and only rub out back on launch - with unrolled fenders.

If I went down to a 205/45/17 I think I'd be happier, and that's what I'd recommend. Welcome to input, however.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

ET35 would work fine and you could fit a 225 no problem.

why would you run ET15 out back? is the car at stock height? I don't see how that doesn't rub with a 7.5" wheel and a 225 tire.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

why would you run ET15 out back? is the car at stock height? I don't see how that doesn't rub with a 7.5" wheel and a 225 tire.
                    225/50-15 RA-1s on stock wheels fill out the iX fender wells pretty thoroughly. I can't imagine wanting more.
                    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

yeah, I don't believe that it doesn't rub constantly with unrolled fenders. My 225/50 R888s will even rub a little on the inside of the fender with a 7.5" wheel and ET35 offset, there's barely enough room to slide a paperclip between the tire and the fender lip. 20mm is like 3/4", the tire would be sticking out past the flare.

the 235/50s were even worse, they rubbed everytime I went over a small bump or had people in the back, what he's talking about would be significantly worse.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

I was rounding my results and using fuzzy math, but even then I think my math was wrong, or maybe I don't fully grasp offset calculations anymore. Either way, the specs:

E46 wheels (ET47)
                        iX stock offset of 41mm?
                        20/25 spacers, brings me to ET27 in front, and ET22 in back. My apologies.

Pics are back a few posts

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
                          thx! :) I wanted to be original and try something nobody else has on an ix, just 20mm/25mm spacers, rear isnt rolled but it eventually should be for hard launches, another pic below (dont mind the missing tails)
                          Looks nice :)
                          E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                          E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Bare with me, Tires and wheels are not my strong point but what makes the ix different from a normal e30 when buying wheels? what wheels can fit a 245/r17 on an IX?
                            I spend 90% of my money and women, cars, and booze. The other 10% is wasted.

Comment

The iX front struts are different, so the offsets of wheels that work with iX front struts are different than what works on RWD front struts.

What I've heard is up to 8" wide, ~20 mm offset and 225, *maybe* 235 tires can fit all the way around. The fronts get close to the strut and the rears get close to the fender lips.
                              I'm not sure if going with different front/rear offsets will allow enough more wheel/tire width to make the split worthwhile or not.

Comment

you won't fit a 225 on an 8" wheel with an ET20 offset. it's more like ET30. 8" ET20 is a RWD fitment. you'd be hard pressed to fit a 205 without massive camber and tweaked fenders or a donk stance.

235s fit on my 7.5 ET36 wheels using a 3mm spacer up front to clear the struts. But, the car drives better on 225s.

different offsets aren't really necessary.
                                Last edited by nando; 07-17-2014, 12:08 PM.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X