How hard of a repair is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard of a repair is this?

My E30 is pretty clean outside of one dent.

Everything else can be addressed via PDR, but this one will need more help.

I am not attempting to DIY this, but figured someone here will know if this is a big deal or little deal.
    Attached Files

That's going to buff right out!

Comment

it will require cutting and welding but it's not a hard repair for a shop.

Comment

I think I'd try pulling it with a stud gun before any cutting and welding.

Comment

You can get from behind of that and carefully hit it out with something made of wood.

Comment

Thanks all- I have zero experience with body work and will certainly get a pro on the job.

Based on what you are mostly saying, wonder if a PDR tech could get it straight with access to the rear of the panel?

dent has been there for 15+ years, time to get it straight!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteE30ic View Post
              Thanks all- I have zero experience with body work and will certainly get a pro on the job.

Based on what you are mostly saying, wonder if a PDR tech could get it straight with access to the rear of the panel?

dent has been there for 15+ years, time to get it straight!
              I'd bet a PDR guy could get it pretty close.
              There's full access to that corner when you remove the interior bits and taillight.

Comment

Meh, you can just bondo right over that! (joke)
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

That should have easy access from the trunk, I would think PDR would be able to pop it back out.
                  sigpic84 325e

Comment

Working...
                  X