Cast Emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast Emblems

I'm so poor I couldn't buy new emblems. - So - The old fives had some cool cast ones and the metallic paint was a cheap fix. I'm just not a big cosmetics guy, more money for fuel. Haha

Originally posted by Tom Galloway View Post
    I'm so poor I couldn't buy new emblems. - So - The old fives had some cool cast ones and the metallic paint was a cheap fix. I'm just not a big cosmetics guy, more money for fuel. Haha
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/165590351145...3ABFBM9LrP0Nlg

18 bucks

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

^ The cheapos don't last worth a crap, at least in FL where the UV bakes them. YMMV

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

that cast roundel looks really cool. what's it made of? pewter?

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post
        That is plastic with a cheap painted logo, and the paint lasts maybe 1-2 years. I had a case of them I bought for like $50, I had to replace them every other year. the paint would bleed off all over the car and look horrible during the winter. Even worse, that one is used and the tabs look broken.

the new OE BMW roundels are not much better though. I bought a new one for the 330i, they're not metal/resin like they used to be. doesn't bother me on that car, but I'd really like to find a NOS original metal one for my E30.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          that cast roundel looks really cool. what's it made of? pewter?

That is plastic with a cheap painted logo, and the paint lasts maybe 1-2 years. I had a case of them I bought for like $50, I had to replace them every other year. the paint would bleed off all over the car and look horrible during the winter. Even worse, that one is used and the tabs look broken.

the new OE BMW roundels are not much better though. I bought a new one for the 330i, they're not metal/resin like they used to be. doesn't bother me on that car, but I'd really like to find a NOS original metal one for my E30.
          I work for BMW I walk by 1000s of Roundels they are all plastic now.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post

I work for BMW I walk by 1000s of Roundels they are all plastic now.
            yes they are, and they are shitty quality too. but there are also plastic copies that are even worse than the OE BMW ones.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I’ve thought of custom ordering some grille badges… metal and enamel of course. Mercedes & Volvo have mileage badges for 100K 200K 300K etc.
              1989 325is ✨

Comment

a 100k and even a 200k mileage is kinda wild. That isn't that much of a milestone.

Comment

That’s true, these cars can go a lot longer than that. Maybe we start the commendations at 250K lol
                  1989 325is ✨

Comment

Working...
                  X