How to fix hyper flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix hyper flash?

I installed LED bulbs in the front and rear turn signals. I’m now experiencing hyper flash which I assume is due to the lower draw from the LED’s.

I bought a 3-prong “led” flasher relay to swap out the stock relay but it didn’t work. In fact, the neither the turn signals or hazards worked at all with the new relay.

What are you guys using? Do I need to install load resistors? Any recommendations?

Yes you will need a load resistor for each LED assembly you install.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
      Yes you will need a load resistor for each LED assembly you install.
      Thanks. Is their a specific wattage and ohm resistor commonly used on our cars?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulEZ View Post

Thanks. Is their a specific wattage and ohm resistor commonly used on our cars?
        You will need to match the electrical characteristics of each bulb assembly you replace.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

I buy all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com. I have LEDs in the rear and still incandescent in the front. I had hyper flash, then bought their flasher relay and no issues. No idea if it is because it is all from same brand, which I doubt. I can provide PNs if you want, just need to look them up.
          Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
          BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

I had hellaflush until I turned down the water pressure to the toilet...

t
            plunging
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I have a flasher relay as well that worked fine... a few custom LEDs in the front and a full replacement LED bulb in the rear. I think I purchased the generic LED flasher relay from Autozone that matches the pinout for our cars. 3 pin with one being "L"? Maybe I have that wrong.
              '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
              NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
              Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

A guy on ebay sells a modified Anti hyper flash relay. Used it in my E36.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Load resistor.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Ok I’ll keep trouble shooting and report back when I find a solution. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Found a flasher that works: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/99?...p%2F1024434477

You just have to make sure the battery and signal wires match up with the relay correctly. Mine were backwards. Apparently our with the old/original relays it didn’t matter but the LED relay has to be wired correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                        I buy all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com. I have LEDs in the rear and still incandescent in the front. I had hyper flash, then bought their flasher relay and no issues. No idea if it is because it is all from same brand, which I doubt. I can provide PNs if you want, just need to look them up.
                        can i ask for those part #'s?? even though this thread is older i doubt i'll get an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by synr View Post

can i ask for those part #'s?? Even though this thread is older i doubt i'll get an answer.
                          cf13gl-02
                          Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                          BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post

cf13gl-02
                            god bless you kind sir

Comment

Working...
                            X