Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Holy cow that looks good! What model?
    It’s a Clarion headunit that came in some Honda cars in Brazil I just put a black electrical tape over the Honda label My previous Alpine

e30 mtech2 cabrio bbs rs

E30 M3 RESCUED

Alpina C2 REP

instragram e30company

Comment

It's nice. But a little too new. Honestly, rather then fighting it, the best deck in an e30 is an old school Alpine.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

WOW.. HONDA radio...

Thats the best I've seen in a while.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I have and always loved the Clarion FZ102E forE30-E36, but that Honda looks great!

Comment

i'd prob try some rubbing compound or paint thinner/nail polish remover to remove that Honda badge. Should come off easily....looks killer otherwise.
            www.instagram.com/snwmble
            #snwmble

Current:
            '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
            '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
            '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
            '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
            '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
            '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
            '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
            '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

That Honda radio looks shockingly good. Just gotta get that Honda logo off there and it's perfect.

Anyway, I was actually just looking into the subject last night. I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but the Clarion M508 is also an excellent contender IMO. I first came across it thanks to Matt Farah, who put one in his 911. Looks great. Probably what I'll go with. The only downside is that it comes with a bright ass white display and buttons, but if you search on here, earthwormjim has been able to change the colors to match the OEM red lighting.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_020M50...508.html?tp=98

Here it is installed in shootnjunky's E30:

Click image for larger version  Name:	M508 in E30.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	9871160

Comment

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                i'd prob try some rubbing compound or paint thinner/nail polish remover to remove that Honda badge. Should come off easily....looks killer otherwise.
                Ditto - but nail polish remover is acetone. And it makes a mess of ABS. It melts it.

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I know it's been shown before, but the Continental headunit with the updated LED's by earthwormjim is awesome, couldn't be happier with it. I finally had a chance to take some pics of it at night to compare it to the remainder of the OEM backlights, it matches perfectly:

Looks a little bright in this pic, it's not as bad in real life:

This pic shows how it blends in a little better in terms of brightness/color:

'86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Has anyone tried some of the new Single DIN mechless display headunits like the Sony XAV-AX7000 or the Alpine Halo 9? They're not period correct at all, but having Apple CarPlay/Android Auto would be pretty cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71rCGwXEP4L._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	1927
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	9881277

Comment

LOL, not sure that fits the spirit of this thread
                      Jimmy P.
                      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                      98 318Ti Morea Green
                      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

That's pretty much the opposite of what this thread is about.

Comment

How does Blaupunkt compare to the clarion m508 spec wise? Which is better?

Comment

Originally posted by quasi mofo View Post

I like this option, but I can't seem to find any documentation as to whether this supports Apple CarPlay or if it just mirrors the iPhone screen. Does it support CarPlay?
                            I'm not an iPhone guy so I couldn't tell ya. I don't see the the fascination with CarPlay anyways...I chose the music player on my phone, Bluetooth the music over, fire up my hotspot to use Waze on the stereo itself, then the stereo controls the Bluetooth for skipping tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by quasi mofo View Post
                              Has anyone tried some of the new Single DIN mechless display headunits like the Sony XAV-AX7000 or the Alpine Halo 9? They're not period correct at all, but having Apple CarPlay/Android Auto would be pretty cool.

Click image for larger version  Name:	71rCGwXEP4L._SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	9881277
                              Ignore these guys with mostly base model 318's and 325's trying to preserve their $3k cars as if they're $30,000 M3's lol. Do whatever makes YOU happy. Go back a few pages and see the "non-spiritual" modern tech stereo that I installed in my GF's car that works great for daily use vs the those who wish to stay stuck in the 80's for strangers at occasional car shows. I walked around E30 Picnic, arguably the largest E30 meet in the world, and I didn't once think "OMG, look at their pristine tape deck" lol. Unless it's an trailer/garage queen and/or an M3, who cares!

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                                Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Looks sweet. How laggy is it? I’ve always had a bad experience with android tablets, they seem to lag and freeze up quite a bit especially in summer when the sun is heating the car/dash
                                Sorry, I missed your reply. Zero boot up time, it basically goes to sleep when you shut the car off. It's not laggy but I also treat it like a stereo and not a phone by keeping it minimalist. Install Waze, YouTube, maybe Netflix or some other video player and that's it. I turn on my hotspot for Waze, Bluetooth for music and then I stream music from my phone's music player of choice. Lunch time and/or kids in the car is when it plays video, otherwise it spends most of its life showing Waze.

Comment

Working...
                                X